Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me choose a new heater core

hi guys,

while ago i noticed coolant under footwells..so i bypassed the heater hore and its been good since.

i want to fix the problem but not sure if there are different types etc...

my car is April build 1988.

any advice is much appreciated :)

You have only two choices, one if the car has a/c, and one for the cars that didn't have it. The first type has the inlet and outlet on the drivers side (Left) where the NLA heater control valve is. The other type is routed through the right side of the car and is a serious pain to replace since you need to remove the whole dash to get to it.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

ah ok. I have AC.

also got metal pipes coming out of firewall.

from reading on forums its either plastic or metal pipe that tells me which I need. yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Rajvosa View Post
        ah ok. I have AC.

also got metal pipes coming out of firewall.

from reading on forums its either plastic or metal pipe that tells me which I need. yeah?
        Sounds like you need p/n 64118391363. This is the normal North American version that now has now heater control valves that are no longer available. They are pretty straight forward to replace, but will take some time to do. I think it took me a good 3 hrs. Most likely the heater control valve will be happy where its at. I'm not sure if you can separate it from the core and just pull the core out or if you have to fully remove the valve to get the core out.

Good luck,
        Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
        X