No announcement yet.

E30 M3 track acr build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you considered mounting that exhaust with rubber hangers. You'll probably crack welds without it, ask me how I know

Comment

Originally posted by superleggeram3 View Post
      Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full.

Cleaned it out, can you send it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
        Have you considered mounting that exhaust with rubber hangers. You'll probably crack welds without it, ask me how I know
        Thats a good point but if you look closely the underside of the hangers are rubber so they will allow for a little bit of movement.

Comment

Just having a little fun with pops and bangs

E30 M3 S54 - almost ready for MOT time Work done by BMP Conversions. https://www.facebook.com/slbmperformance/

Comment

Car had its MOT last friday - all passed fine : )

Comment

Havent updated this thread for a while as been quite busy finishing the car (well at least Spencer from BMP Conversions) - and looks like I am only a few weeks away.

There have been a lot of small tweaks that we had to make to make sure everything was working together and we had some other teething issues - like vanos solenoid needed refurbing and voltage regulator needed replacing. A coil pack shorted out and further coding of the ECU was required.

No real pictures as I havent upload them but here are a couple.

The first is the new battery - looks amazing and it tiny. Only weights 2.1kg

Boot lid now refitted with the M3 spoiler and DTM carbon gurney flap

DTM suspension is going in this week and then we just need to make some adjustments to the new pedal box and gear shifter set up.

Comment

Comment

Keeping the battery in the boot? The cable to the front will weigh more than that tiny guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Keeping the battery in the boot? The cable to the front will weigh more than that tiny guy!

Battery is small enough that it will sit underneath the passenger seat : )

Comment

That suspension setup looks killer! You got it from the guys in Ireland that make the Rally M3s, yeah? What kind of wheel bearing do those uprights utilize?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn View Post
                        That suspension setup looks killer! You got it from the guys in Ireland that make the Rally M3s, yeah? What kind of wheel bearing do those uprights utilize?
                        The place in Ireland dont actually produce their own anymore and sources their arms from Italy - sentesi motorsport. However I ended up getting these arms from Germany.

The reproduction prodrive struts use e39 wheel bearings - which is a good solution as the orignal prodrive bearings are £800 or something silly. It does mean the wheel bearing lip needs to be machined down a fraction to accept a 72.6mm bore wheel - but when those bearings are only £40 plus a little machining its well worth it.
                        Last edited by superleggeram3; 03-15-2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by superleggeram3 View Post
                          The place in Ireland actually produce their own anymore and sources their arms from Italy - sentesi motorsport. However I ended up getting these arms from Germany.

The reproduction prodrive struts use e39 wheel bearings - which is a good solution as the orignal prodrive bearings are £800 or something silly. It does mean the wheel bearing lip needs to be machined down a fraction to accept a 72.6mm bore wheel - but when those bearings are only £40 plus a little machining its well worth it.
                          That's awesome! Yeah I was going to say the bolt pattern in the uprights looked a lot like the E39 bearing, but wasn't 100% sure because of the different centerbore size in the wheel bearing. Cool stuff! Did the final offset change much compared to the older strut setup you had on there previously?

Thanks for the tip on the Italian arms. Going to check those out!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn View Post
                            That's awesome! Yeah I was going to say the bolt pattern in the uprights looked a lot like the E39 bearing, but wasn't 100% sure because of the different centerbore size in the wheel bearing. Cool stuff! Did the final offset change much compared to the older strut setup you had on there previously?

Thanks for the tip on the Italian arms. Going to check those out!
                            Yes the offset did change on the new set up. The old set up was a mix of e36 arms and e46 hub and strut. The new set up is very close to e30 M3 set up - so there is an obvious difference - mainly in the comparison to e46 hub and strut. Wheel offset has changed 10mm and it almost looks like I can move up to a 8.5j wheel instead of the 8j wheel on there at the moment.

Despite the wheel needing new barrels to change the offset and width I will be able to run a 235 wide tyre up front which Im pleased about.

Comment

Comment

All those sweet carbon parts and be CSL airbox????

J/k, looks lovely! How does it drive?

Comment

Working...
                                X