Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 S14 w/ CF airbox, alpha N, 292/284

Thought this might interest.

S14B25 engine build, 292/284, large CF airbox (long runner/large plenum volume+under bumper filter housing), maxx alpha N with closed loop wideband lambda, Boysen gr. A exhaust, 93 aki fuel,

the 2 dyno plots are for 2 different exhausts, one aftermarket and one factory (factory wins).

Last edited by maxx-automotive; 10-09-2015, 12:49 AM.

Assuming the black is stock?

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

No same motor. The 2.5l engine is making near 300 hp in both cases. The black one is with factory Boysen Gr. A exhaust and the red one with an aftermarket version of that exhaust.

The main point of interest was to shift the resonances, out of powerband, as much as possible.

On the same same type of build and with a supersprint or similar exhaust, same dyno, we normally see around 275-280 hp.

Comment

Sorry I was referring to the exhaust; was assuming the black curve was with the factory exhaust since you said it won.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

I am also curious about what the compression ratio is and what cylinder head was used?

Comment

I would have to look up the CR. The engine was initially built a few years ago. It may have been 11.5:1 or 12:1. Block is evo3 and custom oil squirters. S14 cylinder head (small chamber version), but our head work spec (mild setup).

Comment

Bet its probably pretty fun to drive.
              = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Working...
              X