Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 lug swap/conversion questions Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug swap/conversion questions Please Help!!

Hey I have a 1984 318i with the M10B18 and G240. I have put money into the M10 and will eventually need to 5 lug swap it for bigger brakes from a E36. I have already changed the suspension and brakes front and rear, taken from a 1991 318is. So rear subframe, trailing arms, brakes, ect. Front struts and brakes ect. are all from a 1991 318is, then I bought brand new 84' 318i lower control arms. So now that most of the background information is out there, here is my question. To do a 5 lug conversion, could I use 96'+ non-M Z3 front struts and knuckles, brakes , ect. then a adjustable top plate for e30, with stock e30 non-M lower control arms with a offset solid control arm bushing for the front? Then the rear could I use again 96'+ non M Z3 rear hubs n bearings an brakes? (I Don't know if they use the same size bearings as the 91' iS.) Then get a bracket made for the brake calipers on the 91 rear subframe trailing arms. Or should I just take both trailing arms with brakes and stuff still attached and install them on the 91' Is rear subframe? Could this work as a 5 lug conversion???? Please help!! Or tell me what I'm missing from the setup?? Thanks for your input!! (AS LONG AS YOUR INPUT IS HELPFUL!!)
Working...
X