5 Lug setup with bigger shafts and E92 M3 diff for my 318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug setup with bigger shafts and E92 M3 diff for my 318

Hello everyone, this is my first post and i'm a dummie on E30 models, just bought my first 1989 318i one year ago and have a grea project in mind for her. Basically i would like to prepare the suspension system and rearend diff for a bigger engine, going to swap a V8 later.
    Already found a good used Mtech II body kit, set of Style 32 ET20 17in wheels.
    As I wasn't an expert I already bought a coilover suspension kit from BC suspension, still in the box... Bought a complete A/C kit from a junkyard with all dash buttons and under dash evaporator for the conversion.

I already got an E92 M3 rear diffs with oem LSD that should work great.
    Now, my question is about the 5lug conversion:

I would improve the rear shafts on wheel side and I know there's some trailing arms that have bigger bearings and can bring bigger cv joint. I know also the Z3M have this big bearings but the track width will increase and that's what i wouldn't have.
    I would ask some guru what model of trailing arms install (325i maybe) on the rear and also what to do for the front. I haven't installed the new struts because I have to weld the spindle and once done it's done and in case I have to replace it with different model then have to change struts again.

The final use is for street and track days so I would like the better geometry suspension setup.

Thanks in advance
    Pier
Working...
X