Thinking E30 M3 5 lug swap, questions about my current setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking E30 M3 5 lug swap, questions about my current setup

So I came across an E30 M3 5 lug swap and may jump on it, if not, I may even go with a ti/E36 setup. Right now I already have some new suspension stuff, mainly shocks and GC coilover's and camber plates, can this stuff be reused with either of the 5 lug swaps? I'm pretty sure the rear stuff will work since the ti arms and E30 arms are basically the same, curious about the front though.

I know that the E36/ti setup isn't the best for wheels because you have to run a lot of offset on wheels right? I've also read that with an E36 setup, the front wheel is a little aft of center of the wheel well, can this be corrected?

Lastly, can I clear 16x8 style 5's with the 36 setup?

Thanks in advance

Sold.......again.

Originally posted by 91 318is View Post
    So I came across an E30 M3 5 lug swap and may jump on it, if not, I may even go with a ti/E36 setup. Right now I already have some new suspension stuff, mainly shocks and GC coilover's and camber plates, can this stuff be reused with either of the 5 lug swaps? I'm pretty sure the rear stuff will work since the ti arms and E30 arms are basically the same, curious about the front though.

I know that the E36/ti setup isn't the best for wheels because you have to run a lot of offset on wheels right? I've also read that with an E36 setup, the front wheel is a little aft of center of the wheel well, can this be corrected?

Lastly, can I clear 16x8 style 5's with the 36 setup?

Thanks in advance
    a) search
    b) style 5's clear.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

You cannot use your e30 shocks in front if you go the e36 route. You can use them if you go with the e30 m3 bits though.

Style 5's do clear e36 bits, but look like poo. Unless you are into VW poke.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
        Style 5's do clear e36 bits, but look like sex. Even if you are into VW poke.
        fixed

Comment

You cannot use your e30 shocks in front if you go the e36 route. You can use them if you go with the e30 m3 bits though.

Style 5's do clear e36 bits, but look like poo. Unless you are into VW poke.
          what swap did you use? You were running style 5's at one time weren't you? I may just hold out for another E30 M3 setup if this one falls through. Do it right the first time.

Sold.......again.

Comment

I had e30 m3 set-up and I ran the 16" style 5 wheels without any issues. I still kept the rattle clip on as well.

... I think my pads were low though.
            Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

what swap did you use? You were running style 5's at one time weren't you? I may just hold out for another E30 M3 setup if this one falls through. Do it right the first time.
              He is using e30 m3 but I think he has group N coilovers which are NLA from what I have seen.

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                I like to be poked
                fixed

Yeah, I have e30 m3 bits. Have run silver and bronze 16" style 5's no problem. Running 15" style 5's right now.

I run Group N coils in the summer and regular e30 m3 struts with Bilstein Sports and H&R Race for a winter setup.
                sigpic

Comment

fixed

Yeah, I have e30 m3 bits. Have run silver and bronze 16" style 5's no problem. Running 15" style 5's right now.

I run Group N coils in the summer and regular e30 m3 struts with Bilstein Sports and H&R Race for a winter setup.
                  that's pretty dope that you have a winter suspension setup.

Yeah I think I might go for the E30 M3 setup, just seems like the proper way of doing it. Haven't heard anything from the guy that had the stuff for sale so I'm guessing that fell through.

Sold.......again.

Comment

that's pretty dope that you have a winter suspension setup.

Yeah I think I might go for the E30 M3 setup, just seems like the proper way of doing it. Haven't heard anything from the guy that had the stuff for sale so I'm guessing that fell through.

E30 M3 5 lug is the only right way to do the swap...

There is a set of front strut housing in the FS forum right now ( http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=139051 ) that he might ship. I have the front NLA carriers/calipers that I will sale as well. All you will need is to buy all other parts new and mod some rear e36 318ti/z3 carriers and use e32 rear calipers and you are set...

Comment

I sense nut-swinging in this thread :)

m3 is the elitist way of doing a swap.

Comment

fixed
                        ahhh you implied that i might be gay ahaahahah

Comment

Working...
                        X