Did i mess up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did i mess up?

Today i figured hey let me get something done. So i take out my front suspension from my e30 318is and im installing the 95 m3 front suspension i use the complete set up comtrol arm strut spring brake etc everything bolted up i just lost day light so i didnt finish fully tighten the tie rod bolt but i got word from someone that i should put the e30 set up back because the 95 m3 set up wont work? this has go me furious being that i spent about 4hrs of my day on this and im hearing it was in vain? is there anything i can do to keep the 95 control arms? i hear that the offfset in the bushing is diff help guys

no, You need 98 M3 control arms and Offset CABs. Then all will be well.

Fuck the people that will come in this thread crying E30 M3 is the ONLY way to go.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
      no, You need 98 M3 control arms and Offset CABs. Then all will be well.

Fuck the people that will come in this thread crying E30 M3 is the ONLY way to go.
      Aw are you mad you can't run low offset wheels

Ethier way is good. It just depends on your budget and what you want to use it for.

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
        Aw are you mad you can't run low offset wheels

Ethier way is good. It just depends on your budget and what you want to use it for.

I know, It just gets old when teh elitests start barking at the people that use E36 stuff.
        I actually havent found a wheel i like i cant fit on my car with favorable results? Id like to run some Style 5 2 pieces though.....
        sigpic

Comment

I know, It just gets old when teh elitests start barking at the people that use E36 stuff.
          I actually havent found a wheel i like i cant fit on my car with favorable results? Id like to run some Style 5 2 pieces though.....
          Yeah I know. I got a good deal on mine so thats why I got it. All said and done I spent 200 bucks on mine and that including wheels. You might beable to fit some style 5's on there if your fenders are rolled flat as hell and alittle tire strech.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

yea...i absolutely lust after those wheels. Everytime i see a E39 with them i drool. And it tends to be a woman driver that hasnt ever cleaned them
            sigpic

Comment

yea...i absolutely lust after those wheels. Everytime i see a E39 with them i drool. And it tends to be a woman driver that hasnt ever cleaned them
              I know what you mean. It kills me everytime I see that. A guy at qfc asked me how I got the lip so shiny lol

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Washing them! lol, im sure there was some polishing involved on your behalf. I keep seeing sets up for sale but the prices are on both ends of the spectrum
                sigpic

Comment

I know I got mine for 380 I think and I even have a spare too. Yeah I took each one apart and polished the lips. You can find them for cheap but it takes some searching.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

will do, Being unemployed makes it hard even to justify the cheap ones. For now ill stick with the Kopi's
                    sigpic

Comment

will do, Being unemployed makes it hard even to justify the cheap ones. For now ill stick with the Kopi's
                      Yeah I havent had a job in sometime. Thank god I saved alot of money before I moved.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Well, Good luck to ya. We could all use some better times.

Back to the OP

98 M3 arms were one of the only, if not the only E36 control arms that envoke more Caster in your setup. As well as using the Offset bushings. Both of those combined will get you well within acceptable spec.
                        However if you use the 95 arms with offset CABs you will still be eating fender. I think some people like using the Treehouse Racing lollipop as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

x2!

to each their fuggin own!
                          sigpic

Comment

I think we need to clarify a few things:

e36 5-lug swap is a conversion.
                            e30m3 5-lug swap is a bolt-on.

Name of this forum is "5-lug Conversions".

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                              I think we need to clarify a few things:

e36 5-lug swap is a conversion.
                              e30m3 5-lug swap is a bolt-on.

Name of this forum is "5-lug Conversions".
                              fasho

i just got my e30m3 5 lug though so im a happy camper :)

Comment

Working...
                              X