Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug conversions

Just a few q's bout 5 lug conversions

You can do it with e36 front struts and offset CAB's.. what arms do you run?

The rear is just Compact stuff aint it?

Also what do you do bout springs and dampers for the front as e36's will run different rates? is it still poss to run coilovers on the front?
    ///M Inside

i'd the the 2nd thread - not seen the 1st tho - reading through now...

Just trying to check i've got it straight in my head really..

Didnt think you'd be able to use e36 springs due to the weight difference..

im guessin to run coilovers you'd have to run e36 spec stuff tho.. as the hubs are part of the strut.
    ///M Inside

Comment

not worth the money. Ask almost anyone who has done it..

edit: myself included
      98 M3 and 318ti parts with GC coilover setup and e36 M3 Bilsteins

Comment

It's not worth it.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
        '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
        Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson

approx how much did it cost you to do then?
          ///M Inside

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
            It's not worth it.
            c'mon Fred.....the M3 parts cost the same as an E30 big brake kit (or cheaper if you're talking Mov'it), and for most folks the E30 M3 brakes provide more than enough stopping power. Same with E36 swap and possibly the not so familiar E34 swap. Anyhow, get your's finished man, I'm dying to see those RD's mounted ;)

BTW, the friend of mine in Germany, that got you the Alpina chip, will be spending some time in the Bay area for business (he works for SAP) in 2005. He has a nicely Alpina modded cab and is a good guy. Anyhow, I'll pass him your email address so you guys can hook up when he get's there. He used to come out here alot but he'll now be spending more time in the US.

Comment

Chris, I'm still waiting on Federico at RD Sport. I'm really itching to drive down to OC and give him a good headslap for taking so damn long. It's been 9 months since I ordered the damn wheels and they're STILL not done, or so he says. Whatever.

Cool, is your friend going to be working on the Peninsula? If so, I'll be really close by, it'll be cool to hook up with him. His name was Werner, right? Is he bringing the cabby to the States?

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
              '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
              Strictly Eta

Comment

I can't believe he hasn't delivered them yet.....MERCY!!!

Yeah it's Werner, but he will only come for business trips, probably staying a week or two every 2 months. I guess SAP has an office in the Bay area or they have big clients there. Anyhow I'm sure he'd love to see your stroker and talk E30's with ya. I reckon he'll be stroking his M20 before spring and will probably source the parts (pistons, etc) during his trips to avoid paying high freight charges. He's a good guy though so I'm sure you will get along well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonno
                  Originally posted by Bryson

approx how much did it cost you to do then?
                  a few thousand all said and done, and I did all the labor myself. poor wallet :(

Comment

Working...
                  X