Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Looking to do 5 lug...

Hey guys,
    Well I finally got my first E30. I planned to get a roller and do an s50 swap, but even better yet, I found just a Shell(body). This means no suspension... hmmmm. So the question is do i go straight to 5 lug? I plan on using aftermarket sport parts either way (suspension, brakes, E36 M3 rack, Swaybar, etc.). My biggest question is, how will going with 5 lug effect everything else that i have to order like suspension and other things. If I went 5 lug, I could just get aftermarket E36 brakes and go from there? I need to know ALL of the parts/components that i would need to get, and i mean ALL, because I currently have nothing.... except a sweet 325is shell ;)
    Thanks so much for help in advance!
    Noble.

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

1. Search.

2. Figure out if you want to go E30 M3 or E36 5-lug. E30 M3 will almost always be more expensive and most people insist it is the proper way to go about converting an E30 to 5-lug.

I have E36 M3 Front w/ 96+ E36 M3 arms and THR Lollipops up front and I really like the setup. The braking is a phenomenal upgrade from stock, and the wheel is pretty well centered too. The only thing issues I have is I haven't figured out the front ABS sensor yet so my ABS doesn't work (not a big deal since I don't DD the car). The other thing I need is more camber, which I will achieve through Camber plates and BW E36 Shim Kit.

You will have to run 17" et38+ wheels with the E36 M3 front, and a few specific 16x8" et23 wheels (Style 4s and 5s come to mind) will clear the fronts as well.

Just search, you will find the info you're looking for. I also have 96+ E36 M Bilstein Sports, an E36 Steering Rack (Same as an M3, 3.2 turns) and E36 Non-M Front Brake setup if you're interested. Still have my email? :)
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
    1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
    1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
    1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
    2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Working...
    X