E34 M5 system II wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 M5 system II wheels

I know the e30 m3 setup would work (bolt on) but are there any other set-ups that are plug and play?

I dont believe the E36 route would work without some modification.

Just verifying.
    Last edited by Javier h; 10-01-2009, 09:56 AM.

If you're asking "what cars can the M-System bolt right onto?" the E24, E28, and E31 are also in that list, although (IIRC) the E31 has a different offset version of the M-System. Sorry in advance if I misread your question.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

Sorry, I'm not clear

My bad.

I want to run M5 E34 wheels on an E30 non-M car.

The car right now is a 4 lug.

I need to do a 5 lug conversion to make the M5 wheels work.

My question is what is the best bet as far as the set-up.

If I use, for example, an E36 5 lug conversion on an E30 non M car (4 lug), I will need to make modifications in order to make the M5 wheels work. That might not even work.

I think the least amount of headaches is just converting to a 5 lug using a factory e30 M3 setup. I just need to verify the options. It's a noobie question. Perhaps any of the traditional 5 lug conversions would work with spacers e.g., 318ti rear etc.

Would like to hear from e30 4 lug folks who have converted into a 5 lug and are running M5 E34 wheels.

:pimp:
      Last edited by Javier h; 10-01-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

run adapters?

Comment

the e30 m3 setup would be the best if you want to run m-systems. on an e36 m3 setup the m-systems are relatively low offset and you would need some heavy fender rolling to get them to fit.

and trey, i think the e31 has the 74.1 centerbore, doesn't it? i could be wrong but i remember it being different. or did they make m-systems with that CB?
          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
            the e30 m3 setup would be the best if you want to run m-systems. on an e36 m3 setup the m-systems are relatively low offset and you would need some heavy fender rolling to get them to fit.

and trey, i think the e31 has the 74.1 centerbore, doesn't it? i could be wrong but i remember it being different. or did they make m-systems with that CB?
            Thats the e39 I think.

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

you'll have to roll your fenders flat and pull them another 5 mm. Not to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                Thats the e39 I think.
                both of them have the 74.1 iirc

Comment

If someone sends me m-systems, I will gladly prototype them and roll my fenders and do all fitting work. Those are my favorite BMW wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                    both of them have the 74.1 iirc
                    Nope, e31 is 72.56.. I have a set of stock e31 16's
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I've got 17x8 et20s on the front of my car right now just so I can roll it around the driveway. E36 5 lug btw. The tire is balloon sized (stock e39 235/45/17) but the fender is ON the tire. if I sit on the fender it rests on the tire. Wheel is slightly pokey from fenders it seems. To run a 5 series offset wheel on anything but e30 m3 5 lug would mean tire stretch or serious fender rolling or both.

Comment

I just had a great idea! I should get a set of these for my car..

Comment

I really like my set. Too bad I need new tires for them :(

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

if youre 4 lug and dont mind aggresive fitment, you could just use adaptecs 18mm adapters, or robs 20mms. As i understand the e36 5lug would have the wheels in about the same spot anyway (i know, 5 lug swaps have nice brakes etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                              Nope, e31 is 72.56.. I have a set of stock e31 16's
                              thanks for clarifying. i think i was confused because there were some borbet type e's on sale here that had the 74.1 CB and the seller had removed them from an E31, but that doesn't mean they weren't made for the E39...
                              Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                              I've got 17x8 et20s on the front of my car right now just so I can roll it around the driveway. E36 5 lug btw. The tire is balloon sized (stock e39 235/45/17) but the fender is ON the tire. if I sit on the fender it rests on the tire. Wheel is slightly pokey from fenders it seems. To run a 5 series offset wheel on anything but e30 m3 5 lug would mean tire stretch or serious fender rolling or both.
                              my car is currently running ET23 16x8's. the front fenders are not rolled at all, and i am running 225/40-16 tires (slightly undersized diameter-wise, but not a "stretched" size).

yes i know i need to lower the front... the coils are all the way down, i just need the GC camber plates.

Comment

Working...
                              X