5 lug swap idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug swap idea

what if a person was to do a e30 M3 rear and E36 M3 front setup?
    then i could run a staggered setup like the e46 M3, right? with a different front and rear offsets.

reason i ask is that i have a spare set of wheel left over from my e46 m3 that i would love to use on my E30.

ssr comp-h's

slightly wrong... even staggered e46 wheels offsets are still fairly big...

BUT, you could run MZ3 Staggered stars, as rear offset is very VERY low on those (ET9 IIRC).

Comment

i found that the wheel wells in the back of my convertible were just not that big.

a 245 tire on an 8.5" rim rubbed on the inside and the outside with passengers over speed bumps.

if your car is lowered don't expect to fit a big wheel/tire combo without panel massaging.

Comment

I had 245/40 on 8.5" rims, and didn't rub anything on mine... It's all about right offset of the wheel.

Comment

I'm running e30 M3 in the rear and e36 up front.

There is much more clearance in the rear than the front. With the same rims all around. The rear s tuck maybe 1 and a half inches more inside the fender wells.

Bearing in mind the car does have massive fender flares but they are the same width front and back.

Comment

crap, the rear wheels i have are 10" wide.....

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
              I had 245/40 on 8.5" rims, and didn't rub anything on mine... It's all about right offset of the wheel.

I'm thinking that there isn't as much room in the back wheel arch of a convertible. The right offset of wheel would not have mattered for me since it was rubbing on the rear and the face of the tire.

Comment

Working...
              X