My custom 5-Lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE (not what you wanted to hear):

The person who made these WILL NOT be doing any sort of business through me due to recent events having absolutely nothing to do with work performed for me.
    sigpic
    Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

ruh roh
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I'll be finding another shop, but it will be a while. I have a million things going on this summer, and a vert to get ready for a show in a week.
        sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, What exactly is holding the hub onto the spindle on your setup? Friction alone? Thread lock? Usually there is a nut the bolts onto the spindle where you hammer a point into a channel on the spindle. Im not thread crapping but Id hate to see the hubs loosen up and cause some catastrophic failure.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
            Just out of curiosity, What exactly is holding the hub onto the spindle on your setup? Friction alone? Thread lock? Usually there is a nut the bolts onto the spindle where you hammer a point into a channel on the spindle. Im not thread crapping but Id hate to see the hubs loosen up and cause some catastrophic failure.
            The good lord keeps it torqued for me.

Actually, There is a key on the backside of this cover that slips into the notch on the stub axle. Loctite as well.

sigpic

Comment

I want to wait and see prices on these, but want to start snatching up e36 m3 suspension parts now......any idea or is it just "soon"?

Comment

Any luck yet this month?
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

I've been way to busy to even deal with these. I've just been enjoying my E30 to the fullest.

I also would like to put some miles on them first. Have just over 2k on them with no issues.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is something that I been playing with for some time now.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15mm spacer thats going on the hub

e36 wheel...its seats perfectly

Im still waithing for my caliper carriers to be machined...and then TEST
                    RIDE

No carrier machining neded..

Comment

Just be certain that the spacer you're using is tight. It needs to be near a press fit.
                      sigpic

Comment

they are a press fit...They are machined to sit on hub and the other side of of spacer is a hub copy´d with a breake disc and whell fitment....sorry for my english is kinda BAD

Comment

why use m3 calipers for a bolt on kit if they need machined? im sure there are way better calipers that would work with a simple bracket, c5 vette would be easy to make a bracket for and wouldnt have wheel offset problems. something else would probly work better but these were my first thought.

looks great so far, hope it gets produced
                          325es/24v's/20psi/meth injection/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dranttna View Post
                            why use m3 calipers for a bolt on kit if they need machined? im sure there are way better calipers that would work with a simple bracket, c5 vette would be easy to make a bracket for and wouldnt have wheel offset problems. something else would probly work better but these were my first thought.

looks great so far, hope it gets produced

my calippers,brakediscs and hub are e36 328i....I have 15mm spacer on the hub and a bbs rs 005 16x7 front offset 11,and there would definitely be some problem whith front offset

Comment

there are alot of other two piston floating calipers besideds the c5's. they are two pistons on one side instead of one like bimmer which will give you more pad area. the outer side of the caliper would stick out about the same as any bmw floating caliper. but my point was that you can make a simple bracket without machining the spindle or caliper due to the mounting design, therefor making a more "bolt-on" kit.
                              325es/24v's/20psi/meth injection/

sigpic

Comment

Wow great design so far!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                                RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Working...
                                X