Dimensions of e30 and e36 hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimensions of e30 and e36 hub

I cannot find the dimensions for the hubs (depth, diameter, etc). Can anyone PLEASE tell me the depth of each hub. I checked and used the search bar and I cannot find it!!!
    Oh babay babay

don't feel like beasuring tonight, but I will

Comment

If you could that'd be awesome. I'm thinking of doing a different style of 5 lug conversion. If you know if someone has done it this way... point me towards it.

In the suspension, the housing contains a spindle that is pressed into the main housing. Pending on the dimensions of the hub, you should be able to remove that spindle with a few ton press and replace it with another one. If you can replace that spindle, I have the capability to manufacture new ones to fit the e30 hub. This should make it so the geometry is minimally affected and minimize the number of parts to replace and probably keep the cost down as well. I doubt that the e30 spindles and e36 ones are interchangeable, but the hubs may be with some creative engineering. If so, I plan on doing that. Any insight?
      Oh babay babay

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Smirnoff View Post
        If you could that'd be awesome. I'm thinking of doing a different style of 5 lug conversion. If you know if someone has done it this way... point me towards it.

In the suspension, the housing contains a spindle that is pressed into the main housing. Pending on the dimensions of the hub, you should be able to remove that spindle with a few ton press and replace it with another one. If you can replace that spindle, I have the capability to manufacture new ones to fit the e30 hub. This should make it so the geometry is minimally affected and minimize the number of parts to replace and probably keep the cost down as well. I doubt that the e30 spindles and e36 ones are interchangeable, but the hubs may be with some creative engineering. If so, I plan on doing that. Any insight?
        The stub axle is machined out of the spindle. It's not pressed in like you seem to think.
        sigpic
        Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

No, but you can sleeve the spindle, because the E30 one is thinner. You can sleeve it to fit the E30M3 hub and you can, IIRC, sleeve it to fit the E36 hub.

Comment

Jtapper, Ah gotcha. and smlss2006, I did some research and that seems the best way to do it. As soon as I get the dimensions I'm gonna draw it up in solidworks and do an FEA analysis to make sure we're good.
            Oh babay babay

Comment

are you looking for the the front or rear dimensions? If front, then JTapper would be the best source of information.

Comment

I'm looking for both. If I can get both, I'll start to design a more or less plug and play 5 lug conversion. If you have e36 hubs, it'd cost you under $200!
                Oh babay babay

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                  are you looking for the the front or rear dimensions? If front, then JTapper would be the best source of information.
                  Yeah, but I wouldn't share drawings of parts that there are plans to produce and sell.

I'm looking for both. If I can get both, I'll start to design a more or less plug and play 5 lug conversion. If you have e36 hubs, it'd cost you under $200!
                  Yes, that price is about right. My guy priced them at $150. If you have some patience, Jim could save you a lot of time.

Have you had a chance to check out my setup?
                  sigpic

Comment

after our conversation! lol
                    Oh babay babay

Comment

after our conversation! lol
                      Besides his normal workload he's doing a short-runner intake for a VR6 and likely doing some more small work for me soon, I'll see where he's at on being ready to think about cranking a few sets out.
                      sigpic

Comment

That'd be awesome actually. Don't hold your breath for me though. I design things months in advance before I can actually purchase them or have the means to do so. You will know by late may unfortunately, but if everything goes as planned, I will definitely give you a shout.
                        Oh babay babay

Comment

Working...
                        X