E36 M3 vs. M Roadster front struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 M3 vs. M Roadster front struts

Anyone know the difference between the two? Are they physically the same, just valved differently?

I now have M Roadster rear shocks in, which is a much better pairing with my M3 struts up front than the old E30 ones that were in there. But I'm wondering if the M Roadster front struts might be a better option for the front than the M3's?

Thoughts?
    sigpic

I have M roadster struts. combined with H/R sport springs.. and i dont really like the ride. ive been told the dampening of the m3 and m-z3 struts arent that much harder than normal bmw suspensions.. could be wrong.
    But yeah physically they bolt up the same as any other M-e36 strut
    Ill be selling mine soon hopefully.. once I get my front billys figured out.. I cut the spring perches off and now found out that ground control doesnt really have a coil over setup for my struts

Comment

If you're talking about stock struts, no probably not a whole lot stiffer than other E36's. I have billy sports all the way around. I'm happy enough with the M3 fronts and MZ3 rears in there now - I was just thinking perhaps the MZ3 fronts w/ my MZ3 rears would be better matched and more suitable for the E30 considering the similar suspension setup, closer curb weight, and weight bias of the roadsters over the M3.

Good to know they bolt up just the same. I'll have to give it a try in the near future and see how I like them.
      sigpic

Comment

K i was gonna say, I didnt think someone would be tracking an E30 on FACTORY M roadster struts.
        I always thought the E30 would be closer to the Z3 too, as far as dampening choice.

Comment

Working...
        X