ABS light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS light on

I did the 5 lug swap last year and had no trouble with my abs until recently. I have the factory e30 Trailing arms out back with z3 hubs pressed in, and the front is E36 m3 with spliced sensor wires.
    When my light came on initially it was intermittent. now its as soon as i begin to move, it comes on.
    I re-spliced my front sensors, thinking that the connections could have gone bad. still the same. Im wondering if i may have connected the wrong color wires. the e36 wiring uses 3 wires and the e30 has two. I know that you leave one disconnected but which one?
    I looked up Calvinzeros swap thread and went off what he did, but im still having a problem.. I think hes having trouble with his as well

try cleaning the abs wheel and the sensors. i did the same thing you have with no issues.

I could easily see road grime getting in there clogging things up.

Comment

I have yet to go back in and re-splice and test. I got word about what to do in someone's thread and will soon be doing this work AND updating my thread about it.

One of these days Aptyp and I are finally going to talk and consolidate more info on all of this... he really has done TONS of work on this though. I recommend checking up on most threads he posts in.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
      HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
      **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Ended up just being a bad speed sensor. shes all good now

Comment

sweet, I've had 0 issues with ABS so far. Love it.

Comment

Mine has thrown an abs light at startup intermittently ever since the five lug swap, but cycle the key and it goes off

Comment

Working...
            X