Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug swap on ebay

How much over-priced is this kit?

Its not over priced at all for what your getting.

Comment

Then why has it been on ebay for months? Wouldn't it have been picked up by now? Maybe it's just the economy...I've been considering this for my LS swap...

Comment

Don't buy it then easily solved huh? Or search out a non complete set up that will cost more in long run.

They part roadsters so I'm sure that is just a standard photo used for the suspension.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm re-reading my first post, and I sense it may be interpreted incorrectly...
          I really was asking if the kit was over-priced, I wasn't making a statement.
          Thanks for the input.

Comment

i just emailed to ask if the diff is included, if so that is an awesome price for that setup..

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't spend $2000 on it, because I'm cheap. BUT in parts, that kit makes perfect sense.

Steering rack: 200
              Diff with cover: 600
              Brakes: 400
              Trailing arms: 400
              Axles: 250
              Then all of the other odds and ends like struts, springs, subframe and hardware. Not to mention it's a complete package, so you're likely not be forgetting anything.

I think it's priced very well...

Comment

I found an entire Mcoupe rear suspension for $650 on Bimmerforums including the 3.23 LSD and fancy finned diff cover. I sourced my M3 front knee assemblies for $200 locally, plus another $100 for the steering rack. So $950 plus the ~$200 shipping=$1150

By no means is that a conclusive price for the swap. I replaced ball joints, tie rods, brake pads, and rotors in addition to getting new springs and strut mount bushings, ect. You have to shop around but it can definitely be done cheaper. Looking back if my original e30 parts were in decent shape (not crumbling) I would have gone with the UUC BBK and some nice lightweight 4lugs and had some $$$ left over for the 24v swap.
                Last edited by Jalves619; 07-20-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X