hubs or subframe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hubs or subframe?

Hey guys, I'm working on a 5 lug swap for my ix. The hubs I'm using in the front are 10mm wider each side so an et of about 51mm. I'm trying to figure out what to do in the rear. Since the ix has a wider front track, I want to increase the width of the rear track to make it even with the front, without have to run spacers. What I want to know is how to do this using OEM parts? Thanks.

what hub are you using on the front? e90 rears? i highly suggest you check out a current thread on this subject over on e30tech. http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70247 there are a few pages of reading there that will keep you occupied for a minute or two. no offense, but this forum is great for 24v swaps and 5 lug swaps, etc. for any good info that pertains to ix's, i highly suggest the other forum i mentioned above. as good as this forum is, it isn't much when you are interested in ix info.

if you are at et 51, use e36 or e46 wheels. they are generally et46.

as for your question, the best choice would be the mz3 rear suspension. it will bolt on to your subframe without modification. finding a set will be a bitch. the price will knock your socks off too. likely you will have to settle for a z3 rear suspension or that from a 318ti. you can get a spacer and extended lug bolts that will bring you out better than 1/2 inch. you can also get a pair of rims with e36 offset for the front and e30ish offset for the rears.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 08-28-2010, 10:34 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

z3 hubs are wide enough to put you where you want to be.

also, style 68 wheels in 8.5" are ET50

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
        z3 hubs are wide enough to put you where you want to be.

also, style 68 wheels in 8.5" are ET50
        So this is regular I6 z3 hubs? Thanks, for the tip on the wheels. My buddy had them on an e30 of his for a while. Do the z3 hubs fit into the e30 TA and what bearings would I use? Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X