new E36M3 rotors

Rear:
    used 318ti brake carriers
    new Z3I6 hubs
    new Z3I6 rotors

Wheels:
    new Style 5 17"x7.5" ET41

Few quick questions.

1. I still need a suspension setup, would this be exactly what I need? http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=812/CA=242

2. If I go with the GC unit above, are replacement shocks easily available?

3. The car has a heavy S38B36 that I just installed, any recommendations of a good spring rate. Will be the occasional track car, mostly street. Want something reasonably comfortable.

4. Will I need spacers with my wheels? If so, any ideas what size? Also, what is the widest tire I can fit on a 7.5" inch rim in this configuration. I am trying to find a wider rear rims ideally but grabbed these when they were on sale at ECS.

5. I still need rear calipers. Are E36 my best option with what I have?
    Last edited by Sharino; 11-30-2010, 09:58 AM.
    www.eurowinnipeg.com
    www.E30S38.com
    E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

1. Yes, this is the correct kit for 5lug swaps.

2. Ground Control has these built regularly and makes every effort to have them in stock at all times.

3. When you are ready to order, give us a call and we will spend some time customizing the system/rates to your particular needs.
    Suspension tips here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
      1. Yes, this is the correct kit for 5lug swaps.

2. Ground Control has these built regularly and makes every effort to have them in stock at all times.

3. When you are ready to order, give us a call and we will spend some time customizing the system/rates to your particular needs.
      Try calling you guys today and didn't get to much info. I am going to get the kit but just need to figure out spring rates I want with the engine|I have in there, and whether to go with race or street spring. Anybody have any feedback on what spring rate to use, especially with a swapped engine?

Also, what kind of front sway bar can I run with this setup?
      www.eurowinnipeg.com
      www.E30S38.com
      E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Comment

Call and ask for Mark...

I beleive you talked to Frankie while I was at lunch. He knows his stuff, but he's not an E30 guy.

I'll be happy to help you get things sorted.
        Last edited by DRTSRFR; 12-01-2010, 10:55 AM.
        Suspension tips here...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

I'm running the e36 rear calipers right now and in search of a caliper with a 40mm piston that will bolt up in place of the 318ti (34mm) one. Lee from Massive suggested a 5 series rear caliper and after research they do have the correct piston to match the e36m front components but trying to figure out if they will bolt up to the ti stuff has been the kicker. Joined a 318ti forum just to see what those guys do for cheap upgrades it didn't look like any of them had went that route. Couple guys making custom adapters to run better rear calipers but that was all I found. Didn't look super hard though. Thinking just removing the stock proportioning valve and putting in an adjustable valve maybe the easiest fix atm.

Originally posted by Roysneon
          $5 shipped?
          Originally posted by MarkD
          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Working...
          X