5 lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug conversion

I don't know if it's I'm blind or am I just not looking in the right place but I would like a clear parts list of what is needed for a swap whether it be from other cars or brand new.

I know that the E36 ti versions have the same control arms as the E30's. Otherwise known as the 316/318 compacts. Thats for the rear setup. as far as the fronts, I havent found a good setup except from the E30 M3.

Comment

This stuff is very easy to find. Search function

Comment

There ya go. No charge for that link.

Comment

E30 M3 is the only way to do it. don't waste your money like I did. it looks great, but the car will handle like crap

Comment

Mine Handles fine. Your setup is wrong, since you didnt use M3 knuckles.

Comment

M3 5 lug is by far the easiest and most likely the most expensive method. I was fortunate to find a complete setup for under 1K.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                M3 5 lug is by far the easiest and most likely the most expensive method. I was fortunate to find a complete setup for under 1K.
                My bubby up here in Toronto picked up a complete set of struts brakes etc for 1200.00 I don't think this is unreasonable considering it is pretty much bolt on and go.

From what he tells me this is the much simpler and time effective way to go. Cheaper? maybe not, but maybe so? How much time do you have to monkey around with re-designing German engineering? Time=$$$. I am willing to drop more for the right fit then to save a few hundred making my own up.

from the threads that I've read so far there hasn't been any clear step by step post giving options as to which set up to use and alternatives to this lay out.

If there is, then I apologize for missing it and to the person who has posted such information.
                sigpic

Comment

extra drei website failure

Hi,

I was using the extra drei 5 lug conversion website to do my conversion im still in the process of getting the parts but the website has gone. has anyone got the pages saved by any chance. the help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X