Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two cars, two five lugs, which car gets which setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two cars, two five lugs, which car gets which setup?

My cars are:

318i touring- Daily driver, have coilovers on the way, going to slam it to the ground with some kind of 17" BMW alloys, hopefully two piece style 5s. I'll likely be getting a Jeep for winter duties before too long so it will be mostly a summer DD.

Early model 318i- Track/HPDE project car, will be getting DTMfirbreworks fender flares, turbo M50, gutted/caged.

Suspension setups are:

E30M3 5 lug: Got it cheap mostly complete, only missing one rear hub.

E36M/E36ti: Found the rear parts cheap, just need the front M3 parts (Can always find them for less than $300), need some front struts.

What would you guys suggest to use for which car? Right now I'm thinking about E36 for the track project, and E30 for the daily. I was going to be running adapters for the touring and I could put a decent E36 setup for double what the adapters would be and then have two 5 lug E30s. I need new control arms and bushings for both cars and one front hub has a stripped hole on the touring so that needs to be replaced too. Plus I wouldn't mind even bigger than E30M brakes on a track oriented car.

Thoughts?
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

E30 M3 on the track car. Being able to fix the front geometry is way more important on track.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

That's exactly my reasoning for not wanting E36 suspension on street car. Maybe I should just leave the daily driver 4 lug. I really thought I could get the E36 stuff to work fine with the correct E36M control arms and Treehouse Racing eyeball arms.
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I agree, e30 m3 on the track car. I loved that set up on the track
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

e30 m3 on the track car, 4 lug on the daily.

Comment

WHAAAAT? in that borat kind of way. you guys all act like you can't make e36 parts work on an e30 or something. as long as you have e36m3 spindles and control arms, and offset control arm bushings, the setup will work fine for street or track. i would base my decision on wheel choice. et40 to 46 works best with the e36 parts. the style 5's are probably in the et25 range. they would fit the body best with e30m3 suspension since it doesn't stick out as far.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Well the 'go fast' car is going to be running flares and hacked wheel arches so fitment isn't an issue there, daily car will be getting the stance hipster treatment. I do like the idea of some pretty big brakes from an E36M.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
              X