5-Lug Swap With Upgraded Suspension Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-Lug Swap With Upgraded Suspension Q

With all this talk of changing suspension components in the process of a swap, how do aftermarket suspensions come into play?

For example, if I was upgrading to 5-lug system from an E36, would I get Ground Control components for an E30 or an E36? I know the rear you're going to be stuck with the trailing arms and no true coil-overs, but what about the front?

Thanks!

-prince
    Randall Prince
    http://www.rp1.us/ Used Cars

Originally posted by PrinceE30
    With all this talk of changing suspension components in the process of a swap, how do aftermarket suspensions come into play?

For example, if I was upgrading to 5-lug system from an E36, would I get Ground Control components for an E30 or an E36? I know the rear you're going to be stuck with the trailing arms and no true coil-overs, but what about the front?

Thanks!

-prince
    Always asked my self the same thing!:o
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I think the best is to get something tailor made. But the closest you can get with full kit would be E36ti or Z3 suspension. Both are heavier than E30, so setup is not ideal, but mostly bolt-on. Some also suggest that E30 M3 front springs are interchangeable with E36 parts so E30 M3 kit could be a solution too. But this is just for springs not shocks and i have no detailed infio about this though.

Petteri

Comment

Working...
      X