swapping to 5x100?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping to 5x100?!

i was wondering if anybody has done this before? ive got a sick set of one-of-a-kinda wheels that i would like to put on my e30, but they are 5x100. i was wondering if it is possible to put a 5x100 set-up on my e30. the components would have to be from probably an mk4 vw, or an mk3 vr6 gti. the suspension set-up is very very similar, so i guess it would just be how it would bolt up?! so if anybody has anything intelligent to say about this idea, please post up. thanks.

No.

Go shoot yourself.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      No.

Go shoot yourself.
      haha I love you jordan
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

i figured that would be the answer from jordan.

Comment

Buy a 5x100 VW. You'll be happier that way.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Skip the lugs and JB weld the wheels on, none of this 5x100 and 5x120 rubbish!
            Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

or wheeladapters.com? I think. they can make a fitment for you.
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3
                or wheeladapters.com? I think. they can make a fitment for you.
                You can't convert 4x100 to 5x100. The PCD is WAY too close.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

thanks for the answers... i guess. so i guess ill have to buy new wheels then :( oh well. i guess the only way to do it would be to get custom hubs fabricated, because there is no way im gonna drill into my stock hubs.

Comment

yes you can. You could reuse one of the original holes. I would rather just get wheels intended for use on my car though.

Comment

you could buy new hubs, have the holes welded, and have 5 new holes made. I've seen it done a few times on rabbits without a problem. Trying to get a larger spacing like 5x120 onto a 4x100 hub would not be a good idea. Its possible.

Comment

5 Lug

I don't share this fascination with going to 5 lugs. Especially considering the cost. The BBK's and wheels for 4X100 are readily available. Regardless of what some people say, I've never seen a 4 lug E30 on the side of the road and somebody saying "Well you know how them E30's are." I've been around auto salvage for 25 years and you get to know the weak spots of various cars because that's where the money is. We sell E30 strut assemblies(with spring and hub) at $75-$90 a pop because they were bent hitting curbs.
                        In the past it may have been an easy upgrade when used M3 parts were easy to come by. A search on car-part.com returns no M3 front strut assemblies or rear hubs in Texas. 5 X 120 is an unusual size and almost BMW specific. You are forced to choose from the top end price wise.
                        But I did find 4 1995 M3 engines with less than 90K for $3100.

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is
                          5 X 120 is an unusual size and almost BMW specific. You are forced to choose from the top end price wise.
                          i disagree. 5x120 rims are plentiful. there are many attractive rims that come from newer 3 series and 5 series that sell for cheap simply cause they come standard on those cars, and they are always looking for something bigger.

even simple 5 series 15" basketweaves. you can find sets all day long for 400 or less. but compare that to trying to find 15" basketweaves in 4x100(euro weaves, looking at $500-600+)

Comment

Not necessarily. If you use a 2-piece spacer you should be OK. Not the lightest way to go, but certainly doable provided your backspacing supports it.
                            Garrick
                            1989 325is
                            DSP #72

Comment

5x120 is the same as the smaller GM(s-10) lug pattern, so thats a load of BS about it being a rare size. I have mounted my billet 18" S10 rims on a E34 before, and amazingly, even the offset was almost dead on.

just get a drill and some wood screws, they will fit!

Comment

Working...
                              X