Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bending front Control arms for caster correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bending front Control arms for caster correction?

Can it be done? Has it been done?

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Lol, i almost did this last year. Dont do it, just get the proper shit and save yourself a headache, pulling, fucked up tire wear and possibly having something fail on the freeway and killimg yourself or some innocent bystander because you hacked your shit.
    -Andy

Comment

guys in germany do this every day. I considered it but I already bought the stuff I needed.

Comment

Had a set of bent control arms on my car a while back, switched over to the E36 M3 ones. Its a pain in the ass to get them to be the exact same i would just recommend doing it the right way.

Comment

Best way is to pick a curb that you can hit at the same speed and the same way. You may need to set up guide cones and stuff. Oh use some lousy wheels....
          sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
          The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

^^nah^^
            [sarcasm]
            Just a chain from each control arm looped around a tree/lamp post, and a bit of a run up in reverse = all gud.
            [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, yes it's been done may times before.

But no I didn't do it, I used the correct parts, that way, if I knacker one at a track day, I can bolt another stock one in, not have to re-modify one to match.
            292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

I forgot I even posted this. I was looking for those with experiences with the bending of the arms to center the wheel, in case I do another build on my long overdue e30m project.

I have one of the correct setups on my white car, 96 m3 arms, and fancy custom cnc'd fcabs to center the wheels. The fcabs were not cheap, and they were sort of a 1 time deal. From NZ or AUS, I forget; it's been some time.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
              PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

IanS_in_Oz is still producing and selling the CNC'd CABs, I believe. I just bought some from him not too long ago.

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                I forgot I even posted this. I was looking for those with experiences with the bending of the arms to center the wheel, in case I do another build on my long overdue e30m project.

I have one of the correct setups on my white car, 96 m3 arms, and fancy custom cnc'd fcabs to center the wheels. The fcabs were not cheap, and they were sort of a 1 time deal. From NZ or AUS, I forget; it's been some time.
                Last edited by carlb; 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM. Reason: corrected Ian's forum alias
                1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                1985 535is Zinno on Black
                1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Working...
                X