what size wheels/tires are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what size wheels/tires are you running?

Got e30 m3 suspension on my 318is. Want to know if my 17x8.5 et13 wheels from my m3 will bolt on. I'm thinking it will rub, but just curious, I'll try it, but it won't be for another month or so. What are your experiences?

dave

Serious clearance issues.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

well, what size tires are you running on those 17x7.5 you got there Jordan? What offset are you running with your spacers?

Comment

only my fronts are 17x7.5, and will be 8.5's soon.

The wheel is 17x7.5 ET41. The SBI rotor spacer is 12mm, so that makes it ET29

I'd say I could push it out another 10mm before it would pose clearance problems. (ET19)

The front is the least of your worries tho. The rear lower arch is whats going to be your major problem.

Comment

tire size?

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
            The front is the least of your worries tho. The rear lower arch is whats going to be your major problem.
            agreed. ive got e30m3 suspension on my 89is. ive got 17x8 (sorry dont know offset from memory) with 225/40's. at full tread there was some rubbing under accelleration on the inner rear fender wall. fronts slightly rub inner plastic lining....easy fix. at one time i had 235/40 (on another car) but i had to add another 5mm spring pad and beat the crud out of my inner wells......you saw the outcome....not desirable.

cheers, jason

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3
              tire size?
              I'm running 225/45R17 up front right now. When I slam another set of the "rear" 17x8.5 on front I will be running 245/35R17 front and rear.

Comment

what is your latest combo of wheels jordan? dont you have 18's now? what is the offset on those? what did you do with yoru brake vents?

Comment

I do not understand how possible Randy's Blue BMW have 18 x 8.5. Jordon you planned to have 18? How that possible? Like you said clearance issues.

1987 325es. LSD 3.25 (Stock)
                  1984 325e (shell)

Goal Project:
                  5 Lugs Suspension
                  1996 M3 S52
                  E36 6 Speed
                  Rieger/Mtech Body Kits
                  Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3
                    Got e30 m3 suspension on my 318is. Want to know if my 17x8.5 et13 wheels from my m3 will bolt on. I'm thinking it will rub, but just curious, I'll try it, but it won't be for another month or so. What are your experiences?

dave
                    Dave,

I'm going to try to run 17x8 ET22 (ET40+18mm spacer) but I'm going to go conservative on the tire and use 215/40/17. If I ever find a pair of 17x8 OZ Superleggeras, I'll let you know how it goes.
                    /// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Vass325es
                      I do not understand how possible Randy's Blue BMW have 18 x 8.5. Jordon you planned to have 18? How that possible? Like you said clearance issues.
                      If you're talking about Randy Sparre, then the wheels were 18x8 ET23.
                      /// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

245/40 17x8 et38 front and rear.
                        E36 5lug front
                        E28 5lug rear (6mm spacer needed)

Both front and rear have ~15mm to the fender (rolled not pulled).
                        Fronts rub the chassis rail at full lock with steering stops (turner MS).

Can also fit 16x7.5" et20 w/225/50's, perfect in the rear, 6mm spacer up front to clear the BBK (just).
                        292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Working...
                        X