X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocla View Post
    Yes, but i measured that the bolt holes are still on same pattern, so will it bolt with 3 bolts? Bad idea anyways.

E28 has brake caliper mounted on front side of hub, when e30 one is on back side of hub, that would most likely be a problem.
    could you install the passenger side strut on the drivers side and vice versa. If you couldnt, you could always switch the calipers. i cant see how front mounted calipers would be a problem.

I may have to order one of the M3 lower knuckes to check this out.

Leave a comment:

• PiercedE30
    replied
    I'm running E28 535i calipers on M3 strut housings. Same mounting holes but with a slightly (4mm) larger bore diameter.

Leave a comment:

• Rocla
    replied
    Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
    It won't. E28 and others use a 3 bolt mounting system while the E30 uses a 4 bolt.
    Yes, but i measured that the bolt holes are still on same pattern, so will it bolt with 3 bolts? Bad idea anyways.

E28 has brake caliper mounted on front side of hub, when e30 one is on back side of hub, that would most likely be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• PiercedE30
    replied
    It won't. E28 and others use a 3 bolt mounting system while the E30 uses a 4 bolt.

Leave a comment:

• Rocla
    replied
    Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
    No.
    Fact? I'm quite sure it won't, but since those guys sell the arms for that purpose....

Leave a comment:

• PiercedE30
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• sbullard878
    replied
    hmmm

Will the e30 m3 lower steering knuckle really bolt up e28 front strut housings?

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    i need those legs since i have E30 m3 struts now!

Leave a comment:

• Rocla
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocla View Post
    I researched this eariler, and came to belief that it doesn't work... I never spotted that page earlier, anyone?

$750 is a steal, realoem tells $184/side I know realoem prices can be very off, but 750 is insane.

EDIT: e28 strut has 3 mounting bolts while e30m3 has 4.

EDIT2: Asked the local price for "legs", 155e/each I think I'll be ordering on just to find out.
    Come on guys, this should be the ultimate solution to achieve 5*120 and big brakes with low price and no one knows nothing about it.

Leave a comment:

• Rocla
    replied
    Originally posted by MR_SAZ View Post
    guys i found this recently...mentions front legs E30 4 stud to E28 5 stud here:

looking at it...it seemed very interesting, E30 M3 front legs and u can have an E28 5 stud conversion....but i`m not exactly sure how it all works...

anyone??
    I researched this eariler, and came to belief that it doesn't work... I never spotted that page earlier, anyone?

$750 is a steal, realoem tells $184/side I know realoem prices can be very off, but 750 is insane.

EDIT: e28 strut has 3 mounting bolts while e30m3 has 4.

EDIT2: Asked the local price for "legs", 155e/each I think I'll be ordering on just to find out.
    Last edited by Rocla; 08-07-2007, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ldsbeaker
    replied
    no shit.
    Guess what I have in my garage?
    TWO E28's!! (one's going to be my DD, the other is a parts car. Guess I need some more parts, huh?
    Now, if I can ever get my 535is going, I could actually check the validity of this for you guys....
    Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• MR_SAZ
    replied
    guys i found this recently...mentions front legs E30 4 stud to E28 5 stud here:

looking at it...it seemed very interesting, E30 M3 front legs and u can have an E28 5 stud conversion....but i`m not exactly sure how it all works...

anyone??

Leave a comment:

• pussy
    replied
    i believe the reason here of using the e28 rear arms are for the strength you need if you using 300+ hp..
    a friend of mine used structure foam on the subframe and arms and it added some strength to it..

maybe it works..

Leave a comment:

• Rocla
    replied
    Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
    you are asking if the e28 control arms fit on the e30 subframe.

no. the second reason to do this swap, asside from the 5-lug, is because of the better swing-arm angle. e30's are 15 degrees (which induces too much camber when car is low/loaded) while the e28 is what guys? like 10-12, something around there?
    the next question is could eccentrics make this happen and then also, is the two mount points the same width appart?
    The idea I was talking involves complete subframe swap, not just trailing arms. The Big subframe mounting bushes are the ones which are custom made.

Leave a comment:

• xLibelle
    replied
    you are asking if the e28 control arms fit on the e30 subframe.

no. the second reason to do this swap, asside from the 5-lug, is because of the better swing-arm angle. e30's are 15 degrees (which induces too much camber when car is low/loaded) while the e28 is what guys? like 10-12, something around there?
    the next question is could eccentrics make this happen and then also, is the two mount points the same width appart?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X