Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

five lug conversion. coilover install question

ok i need some advice.

so my e30 is e36 m3 five lug converted.I bought the car converted. As of right now it is sitting on stock springs and shocks.. but im going to be putting coilovers on it soon.

ive been looking at these megan coilovers. they about in my price range

so my main concern is just making sure everything will fit correctly. im mostly worried about the rear shocks. since they are made for e36 will they work for my e30?

also second question. my sturt has been drilled out like in the picture. ive been told this is to give more selection in of set. will this pose as a problem when putting in the new struts? im not sure if there was any retro fitting done to my curent struts that i will have to do to the new ones?

^^^ That's a sign that you do not have the m3 conversion, rather standard e36. What you see in the picture is required because the standard e36 control arms do not have the right offset.

That is my understanding anyways. PM MR325 and verify with him. If it is the case, I would get the right control arms first (96+ M3) before spending money on coilovers. If you have access to a 10ton+ press you can buy used ones of bimmer forums and press in new ball joints. Will save you a TON of money.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

You can still use the standard E36 struts, they don't need to be the M3 ones. You do need the 96+ M3 Control Arms, 96+ M3 King pins, and E30 M3 offset bushings.
      '86 E30
      '05 E53 X5
      '72 Firebird
      '10 Prius
      '03 Tundra

Comment

Probs to late to comment this but if you are getting new suspension have a look at ground control's suspension for 5 lug swapped e30's... they have sway links so if you decide to swap out your current rack to an e36 rack with the addition of e46 control arms, e92 inside tie rods from a 2008 335i (I think), e36 outside tie rods, and m3 offset bushings you get near on perfect wheel centering for the front. You'll also get a shit load of camber in the front but with camber plates this problem is solved, you'll also be able to run a fatter tire in the front without rubbing and be able to get more lock turn to turn.

Comment

Sound like that would require super high offset wheels.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
          X