e38 WEAVES on E36 5 lug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e38 WEAVES on E36 5 lug?

Ive seen some people on here are running Et23 style 5's on their swaps... Does this work with both late and early rear wheel arches?
    I ask because I tried a set of style 4 wheels from a 750il and they stuck out way too far to even get a tire in there.
    Im running 16" BBS RK which clear the e36M3 front brakes if I put my weights on the outside of the rim. I want to get another set of wheels and tires and keep the RK's for track days/Auto x, since they have Toyo proxes R1s on them and daily driving is tearing them up.
    IS there a definitive list of 16" OEM rims that clear the front brakes, and can be used without insane amounts of stretch out back? Im sitting pretty low on a 318ti GC coilover kit, but may get longer springs out back anyway.
    Dont want to run 17's, they just seem too big

Im using the z3/Ti rear TA setup, BTW

lower offset just doesn't seem to work in the back. I've had success with et 47 on a 17x8 and et41 on a 17x7.5"

Slight rubbing on a 330ci 17x8.5 et51

Comment

E36 5 lug can handle e38 weaves, but there is a compromise. Most people will run the weaves with a fairly skinny tire (205/45 or 205/50). These will clear e36 m3 brakes, as they are one of the few 16 inch wheels to do so. If you want to put a beefy tire on the e36 5 lug, you're going to need some serious fender rolling and pulling. Check these cars out for comparison.

They both look sharp, but the white one is running 225's out back on z3 trailing arms, and as you can see there is some fender work going on out back. For what it's worth, the big 4 pot brembos that came on the e31 8 series can clear 16 inch wheels (which are usually in the low 20s-high teens offset), so check out 8 series wheels as there are a few different types in 16 inch form. Hopefully this helps you out.

--Joey

Comment

Im now looking into 17's, as there are few 16" sizes available and after some reading on the forum here I've found a lot of you are happy with 235/40r17.. I have a lead on some M3 DS2's for cheap so I may go that route

Comment

E36 M3 5 lug swap with e38 style 5's on 205/50/16s

Last edited by JoeMadoo; 11-24-2013, 02:54 AM.
          '86 E30
          '05 E53 X5
          '72 Firebird
          '10 Prius
          '03 Tundra

Comment

Working...
          X