Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 5lug option? | Now for the rear too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the brake info!
    I'll be putting in my order soon
    Dale
    1991 E30 Touring

Comment

Question. Does ABS still work with this?
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
        Question. Does ABS still work with this?
        I really doubt it. But i will ask to know for sure.
        5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
        Leave feedback about my transactions!
        sigpic

Comment

What kind of warranty and testing have these gone through? Would they be Ok for an occasional autocross or lapping day?

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
            What kind of warranty and testing have these gone through? Would they be Ok for an occasional autocross or lapping day?
            You're welcome to autocross with them, here in Lithuania these are even used in drifting. Company that makes them is producing all sorts of sports hardware. Such as engine mounts, strut bars, spacers, hydraulic handbrakes, short shifters, polyurethane mounts and all sorts of different hardware.

And essentially - there's nothing that can go wrong, its just an adapter that fits on the spindle and acts as a spacer to allow you to use a different hub. You tighten it the same way as you would a normal hub, only difference is that there is an extra counter bolt to make sure it doesn't untighten itself.
            And the caliper adapter is tightened the same way as the stock one would.

Here's one of the drift cars using their lock kit:

And here's some other parts the company makes:

Last edited by Max399; 01-16-2014, 04:44 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Do they have a website?

Comment

Unfortunately they dont, I have asked them myself to make one :)
                sigpic

Comment

Also were you able to find out if ABS still works with these?

Comment

I will know for sure tomorrow, it's 1:40 AM here right now ;)
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, got some answers. If you would want ABS - you would need to attach the sensor differently, since now the whole hub is moved 12mm. If you can find a way to do that then ABS will work.

Also, just to make sure i asked if its 100% ok to use 330 brakes, and the answer is yes. Some calipers may need a little work with the grinder in order to fit, but just a little, no major mods you would need to do.

And, in order to fit the counter bolt, the M16x1.5LH, you need to make a left-side thread (Hope i called it correctly) in the spindle. If you do not want to do that - you can just simply use glue solution, like Loctite when tightening the bearing nut. It will not untighten itself even when abused if you torque it to specs, they are useing them like that in their own drift cars.

Max.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
                        Do they have a website?
                        They have an official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/IRP/507075085975849
                        Last edited by raudonis; 01-17-2014, 03:55 AM.
                        My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Originally posted by raudonis View Post
                          Yes, some products can also be seen there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
                            Ok, got some answers. If you would want ABS - you would need to attach the sensor differently, since now the whole hub is moved 12mm. If you can find a way to do that then ABS will work.

Max.
                            In which direction does it move? It has to be attached differently because the hub is larger or is it another direction entirely?

IIRC the teeth on the hub are different than they are on the E30. This is a nice alternative but I would love to keep ABS!

Thank you for being the liaison between us and the company, really appreciate it.
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                              In which direction does it move? It has to be attached differently because the hub is larger or is it another direction entirely?

IIRC the teeth on the hub are different than they are on the E30. This is a nice alternative but I would love to keep ABS!

Thank you for being the liaison between us and the company, really appreciate it.
                              With these adapters each side is being widened by 12mm. So the hub will also move from the strut.
                              Cannot tell about the hub diameter, did not have an opportunity to measure those.
                              ABS has never really been needed for people who use these adapters, because its mostly motorsports cars, drift cars, etc..

I've seen a couple of build threads of people who try to retrofit E46 ABS into E30 M3, i think you should look more into that direction.

Max.
                              sigpic

Comment

ill be ordering soon and I'm going to try to make the e30 stuff work. How much do they sell the front strut bar for?

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                                http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Working...
                                X