• Show
Clear All

Installed z4 hubs on stock rear trailing arm

Front end

Its all done...
    The OP question answered
    Thanks guys for sharing all things about hubs and rear brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Forgot rear end with 12mm spacers
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ngampleh View Post
        So what did you end up using for the rear z4 hubs with e30 ta what brake calipers and rotors?

Comment

E46 325/328 calipers and rotors

Transaction Feedback

Comment

1000 miles tested and still running...
            pretty fun for 4 pot
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

I have a couple questions.

Do you think these hubs can be safely redrilled 5x130 ? Do they have enough meat ?

Do you think a standard E30 disc can go over them ?

I'd like to run 5x130 hubs rear. I wanted custom hubs but since those can maybe be redrilled to 5x130 I'd only have to shim my calipers brackets 2.5mm each side and drill my discs too.
              E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Comment

Very nice. With all the different posts in this thread I've gotten a bit confused. Were you able to retain your e-brake with this setup and if so was it difficult to make work?
                1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
                2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
                  I have a couple questions.

Do you think these hubs can be safely redrilled 5x130 ? Do they have enough meat ?

Do you think a standard E30 disc can go over them ?

I'd like to run 5x130 hubs rear. I wanted custom hubs but since those can maybe be redrilled to 5x130 I'd only have to shim my calipers brackets 2.5mm each side and drill my discs too.
                  Think thats scary to redrilled to 5x130, it only 1mm meat (see left one with blue line)
                  I ever redrilled my stock hub 5x120, and its tested fine on track and 20k miles (see right one with red line)

There is still possible to make 5x130 on your stock hub..
                  Here the reference
                  Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Yes, stock e30 disc can run with small modification on the area that will attach to welded + redrilled hub
                  Last edited by ngampleh; 11-15-2014, 07:35 AM.
                  Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by boy412 View Post
                    Very nice. With all the different posts in this thread I've gotten a bit confused. Were you able to retain your e-brake with this setup and if so was it difficult to make work?
                    Sorry, if thread confused..
                    I retain my stock e30 e-brake
                    See this pic, old dirty e-brake stuff
                    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Think thats scary to redrilled to 5x130, it only 1mm meat (see left one with blue line)
                      I ever redrilled my stock hub 5x120, and its tested fine on track and 20k miles (see right one with red line)

There is still possible to make 5x130 on your stock hub..
                      Here the reference
                      Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Yes, stock e30 disc can run with small modification on the area that will attach to welded + redrilled hub
                      Thank you for your answer ! :up:

Comment

Glad to help and understand my english...

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Glad to help and understand my english...

Ahahah, english is not my native language too, don't worry, everything is fine. :D

Comment

What kind of wheels that made you want to modify the hub?
                            Pics pls
                            Why not 5x114.3 or below 120mm diameter?

Transaction Feedback

Comment

What kind of wheels that made you want to modify the hub?
                              5x130= porsche fitment
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                                5x130= porsche fitment
                                Right !

I have 18mm adapters but I'd like thinner spacers to poke a little less.

Comment

Working...
                                X