e30 5 lug swap z3 coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 5 lug swap z3 coilovers

Ok I cant find anything that is specific enough to my question. from what I am reading with a 5 lug swap you want to get a set of z3 coilovers correct? what about the camber plates? Do they fit the E30 shock tower or do I have to buy a E30 ones separate? Just trying to avoid spending 2K on the GC kit. Its not going to be doing many track days just mostly daily use but I want the adjustability of the coilovers. any help would be great

No you'd want the Z3M kit, only because it comes with the tabs to mount the sway bar end links on the strut.... unless you have the non e36 M 5 lung swap using regular e36 parts (325,328,318,ect)

The camber plates you need to run are the e30s, the studs on the top of e36/z3/z4 M or non M top mounts don't line up with the holes on the e30 strut tower. I have the Z3 set up from GC in the rear of my car, I'm trying to source e36/z3/z4 M front struts to finish the set up. I also need to source some e30 camber/ caster plates to fit the e36/z3/z4 M strut. In other words you may want to just contact a coil over company like GC, AST, BC, or any of them really to see if they can just make the kit you need with correct camber castor plates, correct struts, springs, and proper valving for the e30 with a 5 lug swap.
    1988 325is imolarotII/ plastic bumper swap/ e36 m3-z3 2.8 5 lug swap/ e36 m3 bilsteins/ e36 m3 h&r race spring up front/ GC rear coilover / 21mm vert sway bar/ m3 offset bushing/ OEM bushings/ S3.73 rear end/ full black interior/ e46 sport seats/ BBS style 5

Instagram - AnthonyVzz

Comment

I was going to run regular non M struts and hubs with the M3 control arms adn offset bushings. My problem is that I dont want to order a set of E36 coilovers and a set of e30 camber plates and them not work together. GC just wants to sell the kit for $1800+ and that is just ridiculous in my opinion

Comment

M struts and hubs help with aligning the wheel back to the center of the wheel well, you should also pair that with THR FCAB's ( thats what I have) or you could try AKGs kit which I hear people like more. As for the coilovers you best bet is to just source some used ones and see if the seller will break up the kit, then find camber/castor plates for an e30 to fit the coil overs you purchased.
        1988 325is imolarotII/ plastic bumper swap/ e36 m3-z3 2.8 5 lug swap/ e36 m3 bilsteins/ e36 m3 h&r race spring up front/ GC rear coilover / 21mm vert sway bar/ m3 offset bushing/ OEM bushings/ S3.73 rear end/ full black interior/ e46 sport seats/ BBS style 5

Instagram - AnthonyVzz

Comment

Working...
        X