Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z3 2.8 Rear end conversion driveshaft issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 2.8 Rear end conversion driveshaft issues.

Hello all,

In the process of swapping the back end of my car to 2.8 Z3 bits (wider track and 5 lug conversion all in one :) )

I was under the understanding that the 2.8 drive shafts where needed in order to account for the extra track the vehicle will have after the swap. However from looking at these and the E30 diff i have sat in front of me i can see the two won't go together (different diff output flanges are needed).

Now I know its possible to swap the whole 2.8 differential into the E30 however while it may be a plan for the future, i was trying to avoid that at this time. The car is used as a drift car and as such the stock LSD would need modifying to tighten it up and make it more suitable for drifting and i can't afford that just yet. So i was hoping that i could use the E30 diff (welded) and just use the Z3 output flanges. I can see from photos they are slightly different and i wondered if anyone had tried to fit them and could confirm if they do indeed fit or not?

A :)

I installed Z3 bearings, Hub flanges and brakes into my E30 and the driveshafts worked fine.
    The added width in the track is made up with the hub flange itself. I believe that the actual part where it bolts up with the axle shaft is still in the same location as E30.

Comment

Working...
    X