Spindle Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spindle Damage

I have a 5 lug swapped e30, I was doing a front wheel bearing change and I made the dumb mistake of just hammering out the adapter sleeves from the old bearing race.
    This unfortunately crated a small ridge on the adapter sleeves that i didn't see. Reinstalling the nut seemed excessively hard, therefore I decided to take it back off and see what the problem was.
    This is the result

My options are:

1. Get new bearing, clean up both surfaces, reistall and be done.
    2. Get new spindle, new coilover lower mount, cut and weld it, get new inner and outer sleeve, new bearing, reinstall.

It's a V8 swap that I bring to the track, what do you guys advice ?
    LS1 91 325i - BC Coils, e46 m3 brakes,style 32 17x9, Red Plastidip, H/C/I

Is that an E36 knuckle or the E30 knuckle with the bearing adaptor? hard to tell

Comment

This same thing happened to me :|

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I always did worry about serviceability with these kits, if you are running the car on the track I wouldn't re-use either part
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

throw away spindle?

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
          X