e36 vs e30m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 vs e30m3

Not really quite sure but whats the differance between e30m3 strut assembly and e36 strut assembly. I want to have a setup that is track worthy. So I am wondering if I should use the e36 strut assembly that I can get for cheap and do everything else from e30m3 or just wait till the right e30 parts come along.

Originally posted by HalexH
    Not really quite sure but whats the differance between e30m3 strut assembly and e36 strut assembly. I want to have a setup that is track worthy. So I am wondering if I should use the e36 strut assembly that I can get for cheap and do everything else from e30m3 or just wait till the right e30 parts come along.
    Are we talking about the 5 lug setup? Do a search, it's been beaten to death. The E36 setup is decent if you want to stick the car in a parking lot and take pictures of it, otherwise, it's far from ideal in terms of suspension geometry. We're talking caster way out of wack, with positive camber. Very ugly, and certainly not ideal if you're looking to track the car with any seriousness. E30 M3 5 lug is the right way to do it.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      Are we talking about the 5 lug setup? Do a search, it's been beaten to death. The E36 setup is decent if you want to stick the car in a parking lot and take pictures of it, otherwise, it's far from ideal in terms of suspension geometry. We're talking caster way out of wack, with positive camber. Very ugly, and certainly not ideal if you're looking to track the car with any seriousness. E30 M3 5 lug is the right way to do it.

-Charlie

charlie regulates like warren g

Comment

I guess I'm just an odd ball since my all E36 5-lug swap came out like this:
        Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Working...
        X