Ideal Offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal Offset?

Hey guys, currently I have BBS 16" BMW rims in my car as probably some of you know that already, but I'm not sure what offset are those.

I would like ot get some 17" rims later but what offset should I looking for?

For example, for a 17x7.5" rims and with my e36 5 lug swapp parts I currently runing with CABS and 97+ M3 control arms.

Thing is, the wheel/tire can't stick out of the fender, either pushed too inside.

I was thinking about 35mm ET....

Thanks for any help.

-Diego
    Last edited by diegom6; 11-19-2006, 11:06 AM.
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

oh, I found these, seems to me better, since are 17x8.5, wider!!!! and that's what I'm looking for.

Are 40mm Offset. Would be good?

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I think since you use different parts than us (5 lug) you just have to buy it and test what works

If it was me, I'd buy the 17x8.5 wheels and test fit, then buy spacers/roll more fender to fit them

Comment

A 12mm offset with 16x8 in rear and 16x7 in front fits perfect IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW View Post
          I think since you use different parts than us (5 lug) you just have to buy it and test what works

If it was me, I'd buy the 17x8.5 wheels and test fit, then buy spacers/roll more fender to fit them

That's what I'm thinking , but I really don't want to buy these rims with a band in frnt of my eyes. I really need the correct wheel combo for my carthe first time I buy wheels.

The OZ 18 two piece forged wheels that I installed in my car for a "look test" are made for e46 cars and the rear rims are 8.5 wide I think and front were smaller, probably 7.5 or 8 wide, I guess these are 35-40 ET but I'm not sure how to know that.

l
          ook that difference!! I really think need some wide foot on the rear.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

let's get to the offsets!

for the 318ti (rear) + e36m3 (front) swaps, does anyone know what offset is appropriate? I think a lot of people could use this info, but this thread hasn't really tackled it yet... Who has done it this way? What fits? I was assuming an e36-fitting wheel would do, but I dunno. I have been trying to sift through this forum sub-section all day for this.

Jordan said that with the MZ3 (rear) + e30m3/e36m3 (front) strut/brake combo that e36-ish wheels will be fine.

Someone shout out what OFFSET they ended up needing on their ALL-e36 conversions.

So, in a nutshell BUMPITY BUMPITY for diego and others.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
              HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
              **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

whoever has done these swaps, please continue to chime in with your wheel specs! thanks!

Comment

im doing this now... ET20 doesnt work on ti rear E30,... i can say that much..
                  subscribed
                  I NEED TO KNOW TOO~~~!@!!
                  Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

Yes, I will add to the list who needs to know as well....i will experiment with what wheels I have for the e36....but I don't even have my 5lug on yet-motor is priority. (e36m front+ti rear)

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

This is Z3 A-trailing arms with ET15 7" wheels. I don't have a current pic, but I ended up using ET46 z3/e36/e46 wheels.

Comment

kind of surprised this thread has gone over 2 years without being answered.

for the e36 setup, ET+35 is pretty low if your car is really low. i have et23 on mine, but my car isnt slammed like most of the cars here. remember it is a difference of a few millimeters. I would say ET40 would be ideal for a severely lowered car.
                        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

I am running as follows:

Z3 rear, E36M3 front
                          about -2 degrees rear camber
                          no rolling on fender lip
                          et41 wheels - 17" x 7.5" with 215/40/R17 tires

I can just fit my fingers between the rear wheel/tire and the top of the arch. If I add camber with my rear Ireland Engineering welded-on adjusters, I can add a small spacer in the rear, like maybe 5mm or 8mm

Comment

Working...
                          X