m3 rear brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m3 rear brakes?

I have the e30 m3.735i calipers, the m3 hub/rotor.. one last piece i need..

Do I have to use the m3 rear caliper moutning bracket? I heard the stock e30 bracket works.? any help would be awesome k thx
    sigpic

you more then likely need the m3 caliper carries. I tried the 735i route myself, and the e30 carriers wouldn't work right with them. So I had to buy a set of m3 calipers and carriers. although I'm using a 4-lug setup not 5
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
      you more then likely need the m3 caliper carries. I tried the 735i route myself, and the e30 carriers wouldn't work right with them. So I had to buy a set of m3 calipers and carriers. although I'm using a 4-lug setup not 5
      How does that work as the overall diameter of the e30 m3 rear disc is 1 inch larger? Hence caliper/carrier would put the pads out past the edge of the rotor.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
        How does that work as the overall diameter of the e30 m3 rear disc is 1 inch larger? Hence caliper/carrier would put the pads out past the edge of the rotor.
        I'd believe he has Z1 rear discs, that combination gives you same dimension brakes as m3, but in 4 lug.
        Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
        BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
        BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
        BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

correct, z1 disks, very rare, and about $160 for a pair new from the dealer. But having 280mm disks all the way around that fit under 15's is worth it:D

Comment

guess i will buy a set of the carriers new as i cant find the caliper/carrier anywhere.

the 735il caliper itself is the same though
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.j View Post
              the 735il caliper itself is the same though
              correct I tired to save some cash going that way, so now I've got a set of 735 calipers sitting in the garage

Comment

Working...
              X