318 ti rear suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318 ti rear suspension question

Starting off, i have an e36 M3 front suspension set up that is everything minuss, control arms and bushings. I also have 2 or three full 318ti rear ends sitting around that i can use. My question is. With this setup, there would seem to be a HUGE front brake bias based on the size difference of the 2. I have access to almost any used BMW part. besides e30 m3 stuff which i would obviously use if i could. my question is, can i put say, 328 or 325 rear brakes on the 318 suspension? or any other combination to give that back some more beef?

can i buy just two 318ti rear hubs from you?
    Last edited by Mr Deagle; 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
      can i buy just two 318ti rear hubs for you?
      I will have to see what the condition is of the parts ones that we have. i dont really want to split up a full rear end and have one minus the hubs.

Comment

No, those are MINE!! muhuhahahah!!!
        j/j......oh, and kyle (unleashed) is a fag!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Keep in mind most of the braking is done by the front brakes, so if anything you might just add more rear bias by increasing the rear brakes.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i just need the hubs.....no reason at all......just the hubs.....SELL THEM TO ME!!!!

Comment

Something to looks at:
              e30, e30m3, e36's (exc M3) and all Z3 use the same caliper. The difference is the caliper bracket. Caliper bracket is whatever size it needs to be to clear the rotor, other than that rear calipers themselves are inter-changeable.Rebuild kits are the same number,and the amount of fluid it pushes it the same.

The only way you'll get rid of bias, is by installing e36 m3, e46, z4 rear calipers, but for those you'll have to custom make brackets to fit, and use ventilated rotor.

Good luck.

Comment

oh yeah, hubs please, auction them off.

Comment

Ok sorry if this is a dumb question i am more of an E30 guy not an E36. But the E36 m3s tend to have a little bit better Brakes than an E30 325e. So you throw am M50 into an E30 and you need a little better brakes.

My question being will E36 M3 rear brakes fit on the 318ti hubs what mods must be done to make this work. Is it just the carier that needs to be moded like Aptyp stated?

Like i said im going for E36 M3 brakes for gain on the brakes and 5 lugs is just a plus.
                  Any help would be great thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by B3M2W5 View Post
                    Ok sorry if this is a dumb question i am more of an E30 guy not an E36. But the E36 m3s tend to have a little bit better Brakes than an E30 325e. So you throw am M50 into an E30 and you need a little better brakes.

My question being will E36 M3 rear brakes fit on the 318ti hubs what mods must be done to make this work. Is it just the carier that needs to be moded like Aptyp stated?

Like i said im going for E36 M3 brakes for gain on the brakes and 5 lugs is just a plus.
                    Any help would be great thanks guys
                    From what was posted above, the only difference would be the actual rotor (larger) & the caliper bracket (larger) so that being said all you would need is the 36m3 rotor and 36 m3 bracket for the caliper since the calipers are the same there is no reason to swap them. seems simple unless I confused myself..anyone want to confirm???
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X