My Rear 5 Lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Rear 5 Lug Conversion

Well gang here is the completed 5 lug conversion in the rear with z3 trailing arms, brakes and M Coupe wheels.

Soon to start is the front conversion which should be sooo much faster than the rear.

Let me say that changing the subframe bushings, trailing arm bushings, old brake lines, rusted bolts, rusted exhaust, and laying on my back for days have finally paid off. Its sunny and I now must drive this car even without the fronts finished. When it rains later this week i'll start on that whole procedure.

Very nice! So was it a big hassle to get the Z3 parts to fit or did it all bolt right in?

Comment

removing my hardware was much more difficult than putting the z3 stuff back in. BY FAR.

Everything bolted in pretty much. had to make new hard brake lines. i used all factory rubber bushings as replacements.

i don't see how you could use anything but a 41+mm offset wheel. the 9.5 inch rear wheels from an m coupe with anoffset of et8 stick out way way way too far past the fender.

Comment

So the Z3 rear trailing arms pretty hooked striaght up with no modification to the E30 subframe itself?
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva View Post
          So the Z3 rear trailing arms pretty hooked striaght up with no modification to the E30 subframe itself?
          YES... and this horse was beaten to death long ago. leave it alone for pete's sake!!
          :)

I'm just messin... tee hee.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

id like to hear how u set up the front.....
            Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

Working...
            X