Which Swap Method to run E34 Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Swap Method to run E34 Wheels?

I want to re-use my style#5 bbs wheels from my E34 (see avatar to left) on my E30. The Style #5's are offset 20, in the same range as E30M3

I can't seem to find any definitive answers on which conversion method allows for this setup to work.

REAR:

I "think" using E30 m3 rear hubs on regular E30 suspension will do the trick and keep stock offset. Will z3/ti hubs also work? (I know about the brake issues, concerned only about wheel fitment right now)

FRONT:

Totally confused... E36 or E30m3? Any difference in offset when complete? I know E30m3 is preferred for caster, brakes, etc. (Again, at the moment I'm concerned only about wheel fitment)

Thanks
    Rod
    sigpic
    Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
    Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
    Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
    Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
    www.vertnation.com
    My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

why don't you care about brakes???
    Originally posted by NavyE30
    I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

You've already answered your own question .

E30 M3 parts front & rear .
      Using just the rear hubs in your trailing arms is the same as swapping in the whole M3 trailing arm .

Just stay away from E36 and Z3 parts and you'll be fine for what you are after .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Re: caring about brakes... I don't track/autocross the car so while it would of course be a great addition to upgrade the brakes it isn't my main motivation. Using the E30M3 will give me both.
        sigpic
        Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
        Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
        Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
        Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
        www.vertnation.com
        My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

z3 rear, as my suspension is, restricts your wheel offsets to something around 41mm. i have run 5 sets of e36 and e46 wheels now. the et20's will not fit at all with z3 rear gear.

Comment

Working...
          X