sigpic

How much more than what?

Comment

Originally posted by ultegra View Post
      How much more than what?
      A loaf of bread ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

i think really just the bigger brake rotors and calipers weigh more. The swaybar link might be a little heavier since it's longer and the additional weight of the strut knuckle too, but that is offset because the m3 has lighter struts than standard cars. M3 struts have a separate attachment for the tie rod and control arm

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
          i think really just the bigger brake rotors and calipers weigh more. The swaybar link might be a little heavier since it's longer and the additional weight of the strut knuckle too, but that is offset because the m3 has lighter struts than standard cars. M3 struts have a separate attachment for the tie rod and control arm
          Also - the E30 M3 uses aluminum control arms (which are of course lighter than the steel ones).

It's probably a wash, a pound or two difference at most.

1987 325i Cabrio - SOLD
          2014 Chevy Volt
          2007 FJ Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by grib View Post
            Also - the E30 M3 uses aluminum control arms (which are of course lighter than the steel ones).

It's probably a wash, a pound or two difference at most.
            '90 and '91's typically came with aluminum control arms, other model years came with steel

Comment

Lol, i was really bored todat and weighed things. I didn't have M3 rotors for the front, so I weighed Z3 one. I also didn't take into account aluminum control arms, i don't have them, and i don't trust them.

Front:
              e30 m3 is 1.2 lbs heavier than stock
              e36 325 is 1.1 heavier than stock

Rear was hard to balance, i didn't have proper weights, but it was between .2-,3 lbs.

I'll bring weight sacle next weekend to get actual weights.

Comment

Working...
              X