Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought e30 w/ 5 lug swap - quick question

Hey guys

I recently traded my 2002 for an e30 that has a 5 lug swap. Loving it thus far, but I've got one small problem. The "brake lining" light on my dash is lit up and apparently this prevents me from passing inspection in the state of virginia. I was worried about failing because of the m50 but didn't foresee the light being a problem.

Is there a quick fix for this? I have brand new e36 brakes all around and not being able to drive this car is killing me. I was considering just pulling the dash and taking the bulb for that light out but any other suggestions would be great.

thanks guys

wire up the sensor connector. Drivers side fr.

Comment

or passenger rear sensor. hopefully the person that did the 5 lug swap didn't make a mess of the wrires. if they are still around you can just connect the wires together at opposite corners. thats it.

Comment

Remove the bulb in the dash. Half hour/45min job tops. Pm me if you need help.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
          Remove the bulb in the dash. Half hour/45min job tops. Pm me if you need help.

Thats a long way of doing it. I wouldnt do it this way unless you have the cluster out anyway. Much easier to just twist the wires together and complete the circuit to get the light out. Just my opinion though.
          E92 M3...

Comment

Perhaps, but you would still have to jack each corner up, pull the tire off, then twist the wires together. But what if the wires are broken somewhere (like they are on mine)? I still say just pull the cluster. Actually, there is a chance you don't even have to (I haven't tried, but it is a possibility to get to the bulb w/ just the knee bolster off).
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Can you post some photos of your car ? I am in fairfax. Cheers Brian

Comment

How did they put e36 brakes on the rear if its e30 m3 hubs?
                sigpic

Comment

I don't recall ever saying anything about it having any e30 m3 parts on it.. ??

Comment

I just read too fast, too early. lol

Double check your dummy sensors. I never understood the concept of overriding that by pulling the bulb. I guess I am one of those wierdos that likes everything in their car to work. hah
                    sigpic

Comment

I got everything worked out. Thanks guys.

Comment

So what did you end up doing? lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X