Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 lug swap. what offset do i need to fit 17x9s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug swap. what offset do i need to fit 17x9s?

e36 m3 front and z3 rear. i might have a nice set of wheels lined up - 17x9 et35 5x120 x4

what are you 5 lug guys fitting on your cars?

With 9" wheesl you'll be right on the fenders or beyond with a 35mm offset .
    Using e36 crap you'll have to run higher 40+ offsets but even then you'll need to play with widths and fender pulling .
    The issue is the e36 parts will push everything out further/closer to the fenders so any bigger wheels will be hard to fit without the right specs .

The rear is more forgiving .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

how much are we talkin?

i'll roll/pull the fenders. not a problem there (see sig). so how much are they going to be poking past the fender do you think? assuming they won't need spacers to clear the brakes.

Comment

If you have the ablity to weld/fab metal flares like that then its not a problem .
        Obviously you'll have to do some trial fitting and sort your particular wheels out .

Try searching members rides section for "e36 5-lug" type searches or try this 5-lug section for pics .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

i am trying to do as little fender work as possible on this one. i searched and couldn't come up with anything decent.

hoping to see the widest, lowest offset wheels people have run with e36 5 lug to get an idea where 9" et35 sits.

Comment

on e30 m3 bits, I can roll my 17x8.5 Breytons with a lil room to spare and cut and rolled fenders, no pulling. Rolling them at et23 with spacers. Of course, yours is e36 so lessen 12mm per side for that, and you get et35.

Damn me for keeping the geometry correct. Oh wait, its better for me. haha :)
            sigpic

Comment

It also helps to know what tire size you are going to run.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

not sure yet. i'll see how much room i have left. i was was hoping to run 235/40. think thats going to be plenty meat for a lightly modded s52?
                Last edited by sanya; 05-20-2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X