E30 M3 5 Lug vs. E36 5 Lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 5 Lug vs. E36 5 Lug

Can one of the mods please sticky a thread on this subject? I have searched and come up with nothing. If there is nothing on this (I find this highly unlikely) can someone post some pros and cons of each?

Cheers,

Brian

What are your specific questions?

Pros of m3: Can easily reuse stock springs up front, suspension geometry stays the same, slightly larger brakes, can use low offset wheels (off e34/9's, etc), front wheels are centered in wheel well.

Cons: usually more expensive than e36, as parts are less available.

Pros of e36: many more wheel choices, especially stock sizes, much larger front brakes available off e36 m3, inexpensive parts, and readily available.

Cons: high offset wheels mandatory to fit under stock fenders, sets front tires back in wheel well (looks odd and can upset geometry), almost needs camber plates to get ok neg camber up front.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

you can use the stock e30 springs with either...
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

That's exactly what I was looking for. I figured the e30 m3 swap would be better because it was designed for the e30 chassis but I wanted to get some solid reasons on why.

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Working...
        X