e36 M3 315mm brake discs and rim sizes on E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 M3 315mm brake discs and rim sizes on E30

what's the smallest rim size that I can use with the E36 M3 brake disks (325mm/20mm width) and calipers on a E30? I wanted the smallest unsuprug weight I could have.

Smallest would be 16", and only if it has the proper shape to clear the calipers. Most likely you will need 17" wheels.

Lee
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      Smallest would be 16", and only if it has the proper shape to clear the calipers. Most likely you will need 17" wheels.

Lee
      correct, theres only a handful of 16s that will clear

Comment

BBS RS's will clear in 16" fitments. But those brakes are why I have a wide array of 17s now.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
          BBS RS's will clear in 16" fitments. But those brakes are why I have a wide array of 17s now.
          I have doubts about that. Back in 1995, owners of e36 M3s had a very hard time getting 16" winter wheels as most didn't fit the calipers. The BBS RS is even worst than most wheels because the nuts that fasten the three pieces together portrude in the back, and the rear of the spokes don't offer much room.

Show me an e36 M3 with 16" BBS RS wheels and correct e36 offset, and I will apologize for being wrong.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I rolled my 211's (16x8 ) with my e36 brakes on the back for a little over a month earlier this year.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
              I rolled my 211's (16x8 ) with my e36 brakes on the back for a little over a month earlier this year.
              Do you run e36 M3 or regular e36 rotors and calipers? Back brakes is not the problem. Front ones are. Bigger rotors and less offset.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Lee, I am talking on basis and subject at hand. I am running e30 m3 susp front and rear, in the front I occasionally run the rotor spacer and yes, e36 m3 rotors and calipers as listed in the OP.

Why would we be discussing rear brakes when it is clearly the front in question? 315mm
                sigpic

Comment

Yup I knew this would be a problem, I thought of Hartge 16"/8" multispokes with center locks but I'm not 100% sure that'll work so I'm keeping my BBS RK 17"/8" for the moment.

Thanks for all the input guys you've been really helpfull

and Happy New Year to you all

Comment

it took me a while before i collected a set of wheels that would fit over the m3 brakes so i could do the swap on my car, i tried many factory 16"s and several 17"s that didn't fit over the calipers so don't jump on a set of anything that is not known for sure to fit a e36 m3, milli miegla (i know its not spelled that way) use to make a pretty decent quality 16" copy of a m-contour that tire rack sold as m3 winter wheels but they have been out of production for a few years now, i have had my hands on a set (on a customers car) and they seem to be decent so if a set could be found that would be a option

Comment

Here's one BBK - rims compatibility list

Originally posted by winfred View Post
                      milli miegla (i know its not spelled that way)
                      Mille Miglia ;)
                      - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                      - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                      - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                      - E46 318i Touring -
                      - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Working...
                      X