5 lug swap ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug swap ?'s

I got E36 M3 front spyndal and hub with the brakes. I got e36, 318 rear trailing arms with everything I will nead for the 5 lug conversion. My question is do I need M3 lowering springs in the front and 318 lowerging springs in the rear or are all e36 lowering springs the same? Besides the rate and how much they lower the car. Will I need to buy rear bilstiens shox for the M3 so they match the front or 318 ones? What do I get for sway bars? e30 or e36? same for the shock and strut mounts do they have to be e36 or e30 mounts. Thanks

You can either use e36 m3 springs OR e30 springs. Both are the same size and will fit. The only diff is the springs rates.

You have to use e30 sway bars...

Shock mounts need to be e30 up front and anything in the back...

I would match the bilsteins like you were talking about.

What car is this going on, and what motor is in there?
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

it is on my e30 325i . would you recomend the e30 springs or the E36 m3 lowering springs. Will the e30 lowering springs fit up front to?

Comment

yes they are the same size. If you are still using the m20 I would deff use the e30 springs.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

There is an entire sub-section of this forum for 5-lug swaps man.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
            There is an entire sub-section of this forum for 5-lug swaps man.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=133
            sure is and you wouldn't believe how many of the ppl in there don't know a thing about 5 lug setups. Exp the e36 stuff...

but yeah this thread should be moved.

Comment

motion to delete thread.

hello mods, tee hee.

Comment

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
                motion to delete thread.

hello mods, tee hee.
                maybe moved but not deleted.

Sticky maybe

ppl ask about using e30 susp on the e36 stuff all the time. And 99% of the time some special ed kid says no you can't.

Comment

should I place the sway bars on the strut mounting points or on the controle arm mount on the e30 arms. Will I have to get different controle arms or are the e30 ones good for the job. I allso have a friend who has a 328 tearing rack will this work and will it be beter?

Comment

The strut tower mount is "better". It's about the same as adding a 2mm larger bar. You will need e36 m3 97+ CA arms and offset CAB's to center the front wheel w/ the e36 m3 stuff. The e36 rack is a quicker turn to lock than the e30 rack.

Comment

I have e30 M3 CA offset bushings on the car naw. But I will need the 97+ e36 M3 controle arms aswell?
                      So I should go with the stearing rack ya?

Comment

If I go with the e30 sway bars what links do I need tpo get them to mount up to the struts?

Comment

any of the E36/E30 M3 adjustable links that a LOT of companies make.

try turner, bmp, ie, bimmerworld, flying brick performance...

I recommend going through the list of links here:

an excellent source no doubt!

Comment

Working...
                          X