This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so...

so i can just put the 323ti hub disc calipers to the original e30 arm and keep the same ET as a 318ti complete arm right?

BTW i thing the 318ti trailing arm gives more toe than the e30 one that looks straight am i wrong?

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    there's also another update I need to add to the side.

European 323ti uses a larger rear wheel bearing, but the same rotor as the 318ti. This is a way to keep the standard proven bearing and to get extra 5mm space in the rear.

Cool addition by an Indonesian member.

Comment

yes, you can bolt up all 323ti parts straight to the e30, no issues at all.

I've stared at 318ti and e30 trailing arms for months, I've NEVER noticed a difference, so I don't think there's a toe difference. Maybe you're looking at different ride heights, that gives you that perspective.

Comment

any of you have experience with e39 or e46 abs? I'll be trying to use one of those in the future...
        as for the trailing arm maybe the back of the car is not as large as the middle and that is why it feels wrong...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

on the front end of a e36 m3 swap, are we able to use m3 sway bar links? u know the ones that bolt on to the strut.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY_DrIveR View Post
            any of you have experience with e39 or e46 abs? I'll be trying to use one of those in the future...
            as for the trailing arm maybe the back of the car is not as large as the middle and that is why it feels wrong...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
            you need to adjust your toe, but getting eccentric TABs or welded subframe.

Originally posted by robmespeedy View Post
            on the front end of a e36 m3 swap, are we able to use m3 sway bar links? u know the ones that bolt on to the strut.
            yes you can

Comment

Trying to decide on 5-lug wheel options. How much more does the hub stick out compared to stock. Most likely going to go with e36m fronts and have not decided on the rears.
              sorry if my terminology is off.

WTB
              -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
              -s52, s50, m52, m54
              -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

maybe 10 or 15mm more at the front i guess

Comment

good answer crazy driver, I'll have to measure the exact specs, but 10-15mm is good approximation.

Comment

wow so much for really low offset wheels huh? thanks guys!

WTB
                    -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
                    -s52, s50, m52, m54
                    -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

I am running ET20 ans know of quite a few people, who run 16x8 ET20 wheels.

Comment

RH 7j 15 inch et13 RH rims 205/55 r15 4x100 is very close to Azev A 16" ET20 7.5j 225/45 16" 5x120

Comment

I run 7.5 ET20 rim and 205/55 tires were scrubbing too much.

Comment

spent a little time at local yard, found a passanger side e46 setup and test fitted to e30

had to use e30 upper perches and tower, looks fine but offset grew, easy to see.

Last edited by fporro; 06-11-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

wow, very nice

Comment

I am in the middle of doing my rear swap. Since I am swapping an 89 model car, I guess I can't just use the 318ti hubs and brakes I have? When I took the hubs off of the 318ti axle and tried to put it on the e30 axle, the splines were not the same. I can not slide it on. So i'm guessing i need to swap the whole trailing arm assembly like it says in Aptyp's writeup. My question is then, if I have to use the 318ti axle with the 318ti hub, will the diff side of the axle bolt to my 3.73 e30 diff flanges?

Comment

Working...
                                X