No announcement yet.

picks of 5 lug rims on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bull shit if you have a quality roller. I nearly destroyed my practice quarter panel.

Comment

This thread has been immensely helpful! Thanks Daniel. I can run the e38 style 5's and not spend a fortune on e30 m3 suspension. Nice
      09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
      05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
      87 BMW 325is
      a few bicycles

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
        bull shit if you have a quality roller. I nearly destroyed my practice quarter panel.
        I looked at the arches on my car and i can see what youre sayin.. the guys that told me a fender roller wont work Race E36's.., and they said there is such a "fold" in the steel that it is really strong.. the E30 doesnt have this fold.

Also couldnt one just run a large round piece of wood, like a rolling pin, inbetween the tire and the fender opening, after heating up the paint, and just slowly rotate the tire causing the rolling pin to get forced through?

Comment

you mean using a baseball bat? a lot of people do that. I love my car too much to use a bat on her, but I have been tempted to adjust her looks on multiple occasions.

Comment

well it would be the same affect, no? a little shade-tree i guess but if somebody could make it work and get the same results what the hell. I dont know if a bat will fit inbetween my tire and wheelarch, its pretty close right now with the factory bottlecaps and the H&R sport springs

Comment

ET23 test fit

I put a 205/55R16 on this ET23 16" Rim from a 750il E38 and held it onto the car by bolting a z3 rotor to the rim and simply holding the rotor to the car with the caliper (still have the E30 hubs in there, but this was just to check fitment of this rim)

they stick out quite a bit and it looked funny thats for sure.. but i dunno if they will still look funny when the fronts match the rear or what.. the look of a car with skinnys on the front and fatties on the rear is not cool at all, unless of course its a dragster or something..

whattaya think?
              Attached Files

Comment

not bad, really not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                  not bad, really not that bad.
                  Really? Im getting mixed opinions on the look of it.. some say its awesome and some say it looks stupid as hell.. Im gonna just put them on and see how it looks and see if they even turn up front without hitting.. if i totally hate it ill take them off but i do wish i could get that wheel style on my car and make it fit right. these would work great on an E30 M3 suspension, wouldnt they?

Comment

your first problem is your tires are too big. and for some reason the rears are definitely sticking out more than mine are, with the same offset and width.

they would work perfectly with an e30 m3 suspension.
                    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

the rims are 8" wide, yours are 7". my tire size is 205/55/16. I dont know how much skinnier i could really go on a 8" wide rim. I was actually planning on running a 225/50/16 which still isnt that big.
                      what size would you use? nobody makes a 205 with a lower profile than 55 i dont think. the clearance for the tires looks ok actually, i dont think anything will rub unless the suspension is really bottomed out

Comment

you want to run 205 on 8" wheel? I ran 205 on 6.5" and it look alright, you'll have mighty stretch. I run 225s on 7.5 and they look perfect, perhaps you need 235-245 tire.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                          the rims are 8" wide, yours are 7". my tire size is 205/55/16. I dont know how much skinnier i could really go on a 8" wide rim. I was actually planning on running a 225/50/16 which still isnt that big.
                          what size would you use? nobody makes a 205 with a lower profile than 55 i dont think. the clearance for the tires looks ok actually, i dont think anything will rub unless the suspension is really bottomed out
                          actually my wheels are 8 inches wide, thanks. and there are plenty of 205/50-16 tires its not even funny. 225/50's are too big, just like 205/55's. on 16x8's you need to run 225/45's or 225/40's, unless you want stretch, in which case 205/50-16 would do the trick.

by too big, i meant the diameter, not the width.

i think you need to read up on what all the numbers mean in the size of a tire, and also find out what the correct tire diameter for the e30 is.
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

the tire in the pic is a 205/55, just cause thats what i found in the scrap tire pile. thats not the size i wanna run.
                            and i dont need to "read up" on tire size terminology- 225-Width. 50-aspect ratio. 16-rim size. Many people do think that the first # is the height of the tire, i have noticed that.
                            I know all this crap cause I mount tires all day, to the point where i get sick of looking at them (!)

BTW i thought you had said in another post that your style 5 E38 wheels were 16x7, dunno why i thought that, maybe that was somebody elses rims

Comment

and to help you with that, nub
                              http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
                              stock e30 tire is 195/65-14

Comment

according to that calculator, a tire size of 225/50r16 will offset the speedo by only 2 mph

Comment

Working...
                                X