Upgraded my shocks, now rear makes rattle noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded my shocks, now rear makes rattle noise

I recently upgraded my front and rear shocks and springs with Bilstein B6 performance with H&R sport springs (much needed upgrade) also upgraded to an E46 RSM (maybe the problem?) but now the rear rattles or sounds like something is clanking against something metal. I suspect it's the sway bar bushings. They're pretty shot but I'm not sure if this is the cause, any ideas? Could be subframe bushings as well?
    Last edited by j_nutron; 07-23-2023, 01:08 PM.

Double check your rear shocks and make sure the upper mount bolts are tight and the upper shock nut is tight. Check the lower as well. If it was not rattling before, its most likely the new shocks in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
      Double check your rear shocks and make sure the upper mount bolts are tight and the upper shock nut is tight. Check the lower as well. If it was not rattling before, its most likely the new shocks in the rear.
      It was the shock mount bushings they popped out of the mount. All is fixed now. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by j_nutron View Post

It was the shock mount bushings they popped out of the mount. All is fixed now. Thanks!
        Awesome, glad it was an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
        X