Creaky sound in rear, with good shock mounts too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creaky sound in rear, with good shock mounts too

Hey, I have a creaky sound coming from the back of my car and I'd usually suspect that it be a shock mount but I have in place some Ground Control RSM's which have urtheane bushings, could they have failed or become too tight or do i have another problem?

Had this same problem on a friends car not long ago, when getting on the throttle hard and on rough shifts. Turned out to be the rear subframe bushings flexing. Replaced subframe and trailing arm bushings at the same time. No more creaking.
    '88 325ic

Comment

Sorry to jump on you're thread, but I have the same issue, except that my suspension sucks, and is old stock. Still same cause? Too poor to replace springs/shocks.

Comment

Ok, I just tightened the hell out of the screw that connects from the shock to the shock mount and the problem persists, so it has to be the subframe and trailing arm bushings then?

Comment

Originally posted by zandi
          Ok, I just tightened the hell out of the screw that connects from the shock to the shock mount and the problem persists, so it has to be the subframe and trailing arm bushings then?
          It "could" be anything, but over torquing your shock mounts will only put more stress on them. Nothing can be diagnosed for sure without being able ride/drive the car. But if I was you, I would go for a complete overhaul on all the rubber in the rear end. Subframe, trailing arms, swaybar links, and diff bushing. Not expensive at all and the labor isint that bad either. Find another car for a few days and knock this out. If nothing else it will make your car feel a lot better and it will probly fix your problem.
          '88 325ic

Comment

Working...
          X