E30 alignment specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 alignment specs

Could some kind soul give me the actual *numeric* stock values for the E30's alignment, both M and late-model iS ?

My 1990 325iS currently has these values:
    Fr camber -0.5625 L -1.125 R toe-in 1/4" (!!)
    Rr camber -0.625 L -0.50 R toe in 1/16"
    Castor +8.25 L +8.50 R

The car has a mild-but-noticeable pull to the left. My 'acceptability test' is along the lines of 'find a highway with decent pavement, get up to 85 and let go of the wheel. If the car doesn't move noticeably to one side within a 15 second timeframe, it's fine, otherwise, it needs an alignment' (speed adjusted for US limits, in europe it tends to be around 230kmh).

The shop is quoting 'correct' camber as -0.50 deg +/- 1/8th on all four wheels, rear toe as 1/8" +/- 1/16" and front toe as 'OK at 1/4"' which sounds excessive to me. They have no idea what the correct castor angle for the front should be.

Again, please (I know I'm being a pain) I appreciate 'that sounds good' ideas but I really would like to know A) what the BMW specs are and B) what a good compromise for a stock-suspension road car is (I was thinking along the lines of -1 deg fr camber / -0.50 deg rear, rear toe at 1/16" total, front toe at 1/16" total).
    I am aware that the only thing that is modifiable stock is the front toe. I am therefore looking to purchase IE front camber plates (the street ones?) at least, but I will entertain any recommendations.

Thanks.
Working...
X