Suspension Installation Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brew View Post
    My guess is the reason most shops won't replace the balljoints separately is because the extra labor of pressing the old balljoints out and the new balljoints in offsets the cost of the complete control arm.
    When calling local parts shops here in Podunksville Oregon, not one store offered ball joints seperately, but only in control arms.

I got them from BMA, I think.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I tried to install my suspension yesterday and i didnt even get half done lol. Right now my car is droped front and rear but only on the drivers side.

And I have my apex springs on my stock shocks in the front. We couldnt get the shocks in on the front because of the place the old shock is in. I think its the strut houseing, someone correct me if im wrong. We couldnt get the shock out of this thing. Does anyone know how to do it. Its like inserted into a sleeve. We tried tourching it then turning it out, but couldnt do it.
      Vocino
      http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o/MyCar051.jpg

Comment

they should just slide out

I replaced my ball joints and reused my control arms. Its a heck of a lot cheaper if you can press them in and out yourself, otherwise I can't see it being cheaper than getting new control arms.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

What I am talking about is the thing that the shock is inserted in. I think it is the strut housing. The spring sits on the housing. It didnt come out, but I think it was because we didnt have the right tools. Im have an appointment at a shop tomorrow, and hopefully it wont take them more than 2 hours. Dont have much $$$ after purchasing the suspension lol
          Vocino
          http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o/MyCar051.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Vocino View Post
            What I am talking about is the thing that the shock is inserted in. I think it is the strut housing. The spring sits on the housing. It didnt come out, but I think it was because we didnt have the right tools. Im have an appointment at a shop tomorrow, and hopefully it wont take them more than 2 hours. Dont have much $$$ after purchasing the suspension lol
            Does it have a gland nut on it? When you take that off it should slide right out of the strut housing. For future reference, pics are great when asking for help Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X